1.2 TSI Remap (86 bhp)

Lyxi

Hi, im new to VAG cars,i owned few other makes,but im interested how much it would cost  and where i can get a remap for my skoda 1.2 tsi 2014 86bhp,and whats the "safe area" for this engine as i dont want to ruin it!I m up for few more modifications on it,like vrs bumpers and a double din unit !Regards!

Welcome.

http://goapr.co.uk 

you can get 130ps or so same as if you map a 105ps 1.2 TSI.

APR, REVO, Celtic Tuning, Shark Performance, plenty of choices, and then TMC or BLUESPARK Tuning Boxes.

If it is a Mk2 Fabia there are posts in that section on fitting a vRS bumper, and in the Fabia Guide Section, 

and threads on double din units

Hi,

Tuning boxes will limit the power to just over 100bhp.

In my opinion Oscarli are the best of the best in terms of re-mapping - they sell to many high profile 'tuning outlets'.

Oscarli are based near Leamington Spa.

My 1.2 84 was remapped by Unicorn Developments in Stockport to 121hp/154torque and recommend them. Its a balanced remap with improved fuel consumption and usable power/torque profile. I've  since  had powerflow cat back exhaust fitted.

A Tuning box on a 86ps engine does not necessarily limit it to 100bhp, but then you need to have one on the Dyno to know what you do get.

(Remember and dyno before modding and see what you have as a starter.)

Obviously a Remap is preferable, but then  you need to check out what ever you do that your insurer will cover you with a Tuning Box or Remap, 

or if you need to change insurers.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/300560-remap-12-tsi-86hp 

Hi ,in my case insurance is my last wory,thank u guys for replies,im looking more at that 121 bhp remap to be honest,im working in the trade as a mechanic so when i hear 130bhp out of 86 bhp im seeing a bit of a strech....to be honest even 105 bhp if i can have out of it...plenty...what im interested more is, i have bought 2 xenon headlamps and im looking to get a steering wheel with controls on it and my car doesnt have none of the options( xenon headlamps or steering wheel control.functions)and i was wondering if it has been done before and what kind of reprograming or modules require!Regards!

On 10/22/2017 at 20:17, Lyxi said:

Hi ,in my case insurance is my last wory,thank u guys for replies,im looking more at that 121 bhp remap to be honest,im working in the trade as a mechanic so when i hear 130bhp out of 86 bhp im seeing a bit of a strech....to be honest even 105 bhp if i can have out of it...plenty...what im interested more is, i have bought 2 xenon headlamps and im looking to get a steering wheel with controls on it and my car doesnt have none of the options( xenon headlamps or steering wheel control.functions)and i was wondering if it has been done before and what kind of reprograming or modules require!Regards!

Hi, well the 86ps engine is the same as the 105ps except for different calibration of the ecu - a jump from 105ps to 130ps is not so much of a stretch/ stress - less than 20% which is a modest improvement for a 'remap'.

It's quite easy for an expert to apply the 105ps map to your ecu.

Thank u for the reply!now another question would be, where can i buy the modules for the bixenon module for the headlamps?ebay not much luck!Regards!