Remap

I have been thinking about getting my Octavia vrs tdi remapped and finally got it booked in for next Monday, the guy told me it will increase the power from 170 to 205 and 420nm the thing I’m worried about is my clutch it has had a new one 8000 miles ago the car currently has 117000 miles on the clock but just don’t want me clutch to go. Any feed back would be great.

On 18/10/2017 at 20:46, Dan13 said:

I have been thinking about getting my Octavia vrs tdi remapped and finally got it booked in for next Monday, the guy told me it will increase the power from 170 to 205 and 420nm the thing I’m worried about is my clutch it has had a new one 8000 miles ago the car currently has 117000 miles on the clock but just don’t want me clutch to go. Any feed back would be great.

I mapped my pre fl Vrs tdi @ 110k did 35k no problems with it before I sold it on & it’s still going strong on the original clutch/flywheel.

I think your driving style would dictate the rate of clutch and general mechanical wear, rather than the presence of a remap alone.  If you lack mechanical sympathy and/or neglect routine maintenance then your car will become poorly regardless of being standard or mapped IMO. 

My last car (181ps as standard) was running ~232bhp and 500Nm for 3 years and I didn't have a single issue, not one.  

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Hello! Had my car remapped earlier today big difference the torque really does kick in low down and pulls like a train right the way through the gears!

I`ve always found the vehicle is easier to drive.

Yeah i know what u mean just feels completely different all round. I used to own a cupra r that was mapped to around 265 bhp and to b honest the Skoda doesn’t feel that much slower

We had to get a new clutch and flywheel when we got our VRS remapped. Also the EGR and DPF cleaned and turbo refurbished. Took it to 205bhp and 426nm on the dyno. Also economy up a couple to just over 54mpg average on a run, calculated brim to brim.