Light bulbs.

I've seen a few halogen vs LED drop in comparisons using projector headlights and I'd stick to a decent halogen...

The LED drops in tend to be all foreground lighting and no distance lighting. It might 'feel' brighter but it's less useful for driving.

• Like 1

I agree. LED bulbs have to made up from several individual LEDs so none of them are at the focal point of the projector lens, resulting in the light being spread out too much. 

It must be the lamps, because I fitted led H7s to my 2011 Octavia and I had to take them out immediately, basically no light coming from them at all onto the road, oncoming cars would see them ok but that's it.... My friend has exact same bulbs fitted to his Insignia with no issues at all... So yes stick to good Halogens.

Cheers for the reply’s guys.

Ive seen these type of builds for sale in Halfords. If they were installed in the car would I need anything else or are they just fit and forget?

15D389CD-F065-4AEE-A42D-9390CBFC1E7F.jpeg

072823FC-2884-4F2A-90DD-3E598ED59CDA.jpeg

Unless you have Xenon bulbs already fitted and by the sounds of it you don't, you would need a high voltage discharge unit and new headlights as the fitting of these discharge units is totally different to standard Halogen bulbs 

From what people have said above i'd guess their experience is from cheap led bulbs.

The old SMD ones with loads of led's, as mentioned above, have light from all over which is totally wrong for the projector or the reflector light units in the mk2. The optical focal point (the point where the light is emitted) would be completely wrong.

If you look at the more expensive led bulbs such as those using philips luxeon chips, you can see they use a single led for h1 and h7 and also look very simple. The single led allows for correclt location of the focal point.

I am planning on going for some H1's to use as main beam to see how it goes but wont be looking at the cheap ones. I would only go for Philips led equipped ones.