ASV Replacement

Hello

Has anyone removed the Anti Shudder Valve on a 1.6 tdi CR engine? I tried to remove the pipe attached at the bottom to it but it doesn't move. Do you need to remove the bumper?

Cheers

asv.JPG

Edited by Bertie90
better pic

I’ve removed a few to clean them, you need to slacken the torx screws holding the plastic hardpipe in place.

it comes off really easily then.... blanking off the EGR valve is a good shout as well while the feed pipes in your hand :)

4 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I’ve removed a few to clean them, you need to slacken the torx screws holding the plastic hardpipe in place.

it comes off really easily then.... blanking off the EGR valve is a good shout as well while the feed pipes in your hand :)

Great thanks. I got mixed feeling about blanking the EGR. Also i don't know how to do it anyway. I know the egr is at the back, some pipes at the front etc etc once it goes i'll pay someone to do it.

• Like 1