He-Man & Skeletor advert

LordRaiden84

Is it me or is this quite possibly the most hilarious advert on television at present?

The one I'm referring to is the Bill Medley 'Had The Time of My Life' where they are dancing in the pub. It's absolutely bloody brilliant!

Gets me every time and puts a smile on my face. It seems that these long running rivals have finally put their differences aside through the medium of dance :D

• Like 2

Just means some kind of copyright has probably expired and companies are free to hijack/rip-off the characters in some dire attempt to flog more junk to people.

I find most adverts mind-numbingly boring these days. It's not like anyone just moved in next door and needs to borrow some coffee, or anything...

4 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

I find most adverts mind-numbingly boring these days. It's not like anyone just moved in next door and needs to borrow some coffee, or anything...

...or some girl who needs to eat a chocolate bar...

Possibly one of the better ads on telly now is the Warburton ad, rivalled by the Julie Walter eye test ad .

21 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Just means some kind of copyright has probably expired and companies are free to hijack/rip-off the characters in some dire attempt to flog more junk to people.

You do know that copyright covers out to 70 years after the author's death? And that in this case a corporate entity is the copyright holder?

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

You do know that copyright covers out to 70 years after the author's death? And that in this case a corporate entity is the copyright holder?

^ That's what the 'probably' was about. They could just as easily have sold the rights or let it for royalties. Either way, it's about making money and I have a somewhat 'Bill Hicks' perspective on advertising... which I can't really repeat here as this is a family forum! :lol: