Resonator delete

Hi

Looking at getting a resonator delete on my new Octavia when it arrives. 

Nothing off off the shelf whilst searching the internet and speaking with Awesome GTi in Manchester. 

However speaking to Cybox exhausts. Cybox.co.uk. Also on Facebook. 

They can perform the delete for £75 including VAT. 

My my car isn’t coming until late January. Its just information in case anyone else is interested. 

Thanks

Tim

Edited by Tim1631

I'm assuming you will be getting a 2.0Tsi, wouldn't recommend deleting the resonator straight up. There is a reason the OEM resonator is chambered and relatively large in size. I've deleted the resonator before and It drone horribly at 2.5k rpm when the engine is under load and the way VWAG programmed their DSG, you will hear the engine under load a lot of time.

Keep in mind that Audi and VW has put a lot more sound deadening inside their car and the exhaust chamber is different too. Not to mention that the S3 has a completely different Turbo.

A better alternative for liberating more sound is to replace the OEM resonator with smaller stainless steel lined resonator. I have Vibrant Performance resonator fitted and couldn't be happier, there is DSG burp too.

There a thread in here already complete with video.

• Like 1

Would agree with @99Reza - I got a full Scorpion turbo-back system on my Octy 230; the OEM exhaust chambers are enormous, and in discussion with the mechanics, they mentioned it's definitely not the best design to 'chop and change', without gratuitous welding / refitting.

Also, speaking from experience with a non-resonated system, I initially got the non-resonated option. Ok, it's a larger diameter system than OEM, but oh my god did it make my head hum. Anything that isn't cruising through town, it was a complete ear-bleeder. I lived with it for 2 months before I bought the centre silencer... and it was such a relief when it was fitted.

Again, Reza's right about the lack of sound deadening in Skodas (#mad weight gainz!) - it's absolutely not effective for deadening a non-resonated exhaust.

My question would be, why do you want to do that in the first place? To hear more exhaust note in the car, or to have it louder out the back?

Either way, it would be much more worthwhile spending your moolah on a decent cat-back system which increases both anyway. Buy nice or buy twice approach :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/01/2018 at 17:35, encephalopathy said:

bcs powervalve do a highly recommended resonater delete - it has a wee clever bit called a helmholtz resonator which stops the drone at certain revs as mentioned above. see the vwr forums for more info 

Anyone fitted this one? Looks good

• 1 year later...

Hey guys I also have a vrs and I want to get more volume and sound but I don't want to do a res delete as I don't want lots of drone. 

I was thinking of getting a muffler delete or hotdogs muffler just to tone down the sound. 

what do u guys think?

• 1 month later...

This has been covered many times. I did the muffler delete and left the resonator in place. Not too loud under normal driving but give a little right foot and it sounds great, plus a decent DSG pop. Also  by far the cheapest and easiest solution that is easily reversed if you dont like it.