Backlash in Gearbox

Ronn

I suppose you'd say most people are buying the wrong car.

The Fiat 500 is a far bigger seller than the Citigo!

You are right, Citigo is a better chassis than the Fiat, but, Fiat 500 has one thing that Citigo hasn't!

Charisma, Style & Cuteness.

Something the Teutonic minded Germans know nothing about & don't understand, but the Italians have in Bucket Fulls.

Thats why Fiat 500 outsells the Citigo.

But, in my opinion, Citigo is better Car, it's just that the car buying Public don't agree!

Fiat 500 is very expensive car, that's what it is. Lots of money for "charisma, style & cuteness". Doesn't matter to me how good it sell. As we say here is Finland: "Flies can't be wrong, **** is good".

I tried it when I was about the buy first new small car in 2013. Citigo is so much better to drive and reasonably priced. I don't know if there's newer 500 model out these days, but I don't even care. And yes, 400km driven Citigo demo car and gearbox was noisy. Didn't matter back then, doesn't matter now. 

Backlash in gearbox? Absolutely. More than some other car? Probably. Maybe they wanted less friction for gearcogs and put another shape tooth for it.

Edited by Emil