valuation felicia 1.3 xli

Jerryb

Hi, just looking for some advice, a friend of ours has got a felicia 1.3 lxi that he has had from new, it's only done 14k and as he is 97 he wants to get rid of it. He needs to know what he should ask for it.  I started it this morning and it runs ok, it's in reasonable condition and it drives ok, but it has been in a garage for a couple of years.  Any advice would be great, thanks.

Hi. If it doesn't have an MOT the value will vary greatly depending on the physical condition: so some pictures would help, as would knowing the age of it.

If the bodywork is solid, especially around the rear wheel arches, the wings where they are fixed to the front bumper corner brackets, and along the top of the wings under the edges of the bonnet, then you should ask for between £350-£400 for it. poor bodywork would, I think, force the value down to around £250.

However, low mileage cars with good bodywork and full MOTs have sold for over £2000 recently, as the Felicia will soon reach the point when they start to gain in value due to the rarity of pristine roadworthy examples. I hope that helps.