2010 Superb Estate 140bhp SE - Amethyst Purple

ChrisRJ

Good evening,

I am putting my much loved Superb Estate up for sale.

It is a 2010 model (60 reg) manual in Amethyst Purple and I have owned it for 3 years. During that time the mileage has gone from 38,00 to the current 107 ,713 which will not increase as it is now in my garage (I have just acquired another Superb Estate). It has a full service history, MOT carried out last week with no advisories and runs until 2.11.18.

The cambelt and waterpump were changed at 69,549 miles. The next service is due in 6,000 miles

Don't  be put off by the mileage, the car runs perfectly. The bodywork is in very good condition with a few stone chips on the bonnet and a couple of scuffs to the rear bumper (from loading stuff into the boot). It has rear parking sensors, I had a Fiscon bluetooth kit fitted which works with the steering wheel controls as well. The wheels are in very good condition and it has Hankook V12 Evo2 tyres all round with loads of tread. There is spare wheel and jack with the car and the boot has the rail and tether system as well as an electric tailgate.

I also fitted a TDI Tuning box CRTD2 twin channel) at 64,000 miles, whilst giving the car much more oomph (they claim 170bhp) it haven't seen a real increase in fuel economy over the past 43,000 miles and that is from keeping a brim to brim record over the last 2 years. My insurance company didn't load the premium for this .The box is easily removable if you don't want it, but the extra power is something you get used to having.

It is too good to go to off to auction and make a profit for some dealer so I didn't go for the trade in offer (which was really quite insulting, although they based it on the mileage alone and didn't ask about extras, history etc. )

I am asking £5,750 which I believe is a realistic price based on my research around Ebay etc.  I would prefer it to go to a good home, preferably to someone who holds the marque in as high regard as me (over 69,000 trouble free miles). 

Car located in Kent near to Junction 4 of the M2.

Any questions or further information required please let me know. 

More photos to follow as I only seem to be able to upload 3 to this post.

Chris.

Front.jpg

Offside.jpg

Nearside.jpg

No interest out there?

Looks like it going to have to go on eBay or Auto trader at the weekend. Anyone have any feedback as to effectiveness of either of these?

Thanks, 

Chris

I

I get far better results on Ebay than auto trader - cheaper too. 

Also worth sticking on Gumtree and Facebook marketplace as they're both widely used and free - Gumtree always attracts spam emails and calls unfortunately but they're easily identifiable / ignorable. 

Hi, Matt, yes I am in Rainham, near to Splashes. Will put it on ebay over the weekend, any advice/pointers with regard to reserve price/amount of information etc. 

Chris

3 hours ago, ChrisRJ said:

Hi, Matt, yes I am in Rainham, near to Splashes. Will put it on ebay over the weekend, any advice/pointers with regard to reserve price/amount of information etc. 

Chris

Hi Chris,

Ah yes I know it.

Every car i’ve sold on EBay has been .99p start with a reserve. 

Take me really good, clear pictures inside and out. Clearly list the cars features and foibles. List the service history, MOT length and tyre conditions. Keep it factual, too much waffle puts people off. 

Tell people that any inspection is welcome, this gives confidence.

As I say, i’ve sold plenty of cars this way.

Good luck