Waterpump replaced...now another overheating problem !

Well I've only had my 14 plate TDI vrs 5 weeks, had the waterpump replaced less than 2 weeks ago and its overheated again !

Called Skoda assist and they sent the AA out and the guy thinks it could be a thermostat problem.... the new waterpump could be defective, although unlikely as it overheats slightly different....it now goes all the way into the red and you have to stop, when before it sometimes it wouldn't reach the red, but would always come back to 90c, but now it goes all the way into the red and alarm goes off !

I have to say, im pretty impressed with Skoda assist and this is going to cost Skoda a bit of cash as they have to recover my car from my home and transport it to Skoda Coventry, its not that far about 10 miles and i have a third party hire company supplying a hire car tomorrow morning at 8am so i can get to work...hopefully all goes to plan and its a easy fix on my vrs and its all covered by there warranty ! 

Edited by studmuffin

Fingers crossed its quickly sorted....

Not a good advert for a used Skoda though...

This water pump is starting to become a bit of a nightmare for the Octy.

WP failures mostly affect 13 & 14-Plates. Once it has been replaced on these older cars it should last for the life of the car. I had two fail within the first 3-months on my 14-Plate, but the third has lasted over 3-years. I guess they fixed the defect.

Well Skoda Coventry, have had my vrs for 2 days now, and when i spoke to the service manager, he said that there were no fault codes, so nothing has been replaced and all that they have done is plug my car into a machine that will ' bleed ' the coolant system and all this takes a couple of hours !

It better work or i will overheat as well...

• Like 1