Lowering springs & spacers

I know this has been covered a million time but I'm struggling lol.

Firstly I'm wanting the H&R lowering springs but no idea the best place to buy from? can anyone provide direct links? Can I get the wrong ones or is there only one?

Second, I wanted some spacers to fill the arch... again any direct links to the correct ones? I'm wanting a kit ideally as I believe I need longer bolts?

I appreciate any help just don't wanna order the wrong stuff. Thanks

I bought spacers from Watfields Engineering via eBay and have had no issues at all. Great VFM as far as I'm concerned.

You need 5x112 PCD, 57.1mm centre bore and you must get hubcentric ones (with a mounting flange). If you don't you'll get major vibrations. I went for 12mm front and 15mm rear IIRC, and they came with extended bolts.

Standard bolts are 28mm I think, so you'll need to get ones to suit the thickness of the spacers you go for. Make sure you get 'radius seated' bolts for OEM wheels.

Don't forget to keep standard bolts in the car for your spare, (unless you will mount it on a spacer too) - extended bolts on a standard wheel will cause issues...

Sorry, can't help with H&R except they have a good reputation.

Edit: specs above for pre facelift - FL has wider rear track as standard.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke
FL info

• Sponsor
17 hours ago, NikEd said:

I know this has been covered a million time but I'm struggling lol.

Firstly I'm wanting the H&R lowering springs but no idea the best place to buy from? can anyone provide direct links? Can I get the wrong ones or is there only one?

Second, I wanted some spacers to fill the arch... again any direct links to the correct ones? I'm wanting a kit ideally as I believe I need longer bolts?

I appreciate any help just don't wanna order the wrong stuff. Thanks

Afternoon,

If you PM over all your vehicle details we can get some prices together for you.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 23:49, pist0nbr0ke said:

I bought spacers from Watfields Engineering via eBay and have had no issues at all. Great VFM as far as I'm concerned.

You need 5x112 PCD, 57.1mm centre bore and you must get hubcentric ones (with a mounting flange). If you don't you'll get major vibrations. I went for 12mm front and 15mm rear IIRC, and they came with extended bolts.

Standard bolts are 28mm I think, so you'll need to get ones to suit the thickness of the spacers you go for. Make sure you get 'radius seated' bolts for OEM wheels.

Don't forget to keep standard bolts in the car for your spare, (unless you will mount it on a spacer too) - extended bolts on a standard wheel will cause issues...

Sorry, can't help with H&R except they have a good reputation.

Edit: specs above for pre facelift - FL has wider rear track as standard.

Do you have any pictures? I'm trying to decide whether to do mine.

10 hours ago, nidza said:

Ordered these for the back:

eibach-pro-spacer-7b_136.jpg

Currently in the hands of my friend in Germany, can't wait until the weekend to install them. Approx 78€ for a pair and 10 bolts.

look like 20mm thats a really good price. do you have a link or is this mates rates?

Any non standard mods to a vehicle must be notified to Insurance company, or they may refuse a claim. I wanted to lower my suspension by 2 cm., but they refused my request. Ordered Bilstein B4's, which are not in stock till mid Nov. but B6's were, so I would have had the B6's which were available.

• Sad 1

H&R purchased from eBay and 12mm spacers all round again from eBay. Spacers at H&R hubcentric and they are beautifully made. I would have gone with 15mm on the rear but I regularly fully load for holidays.. 

do you need part numbers of all of the above. 

F831906F-578F-4A3C-9979-7DAA40DDE125.jpeg

3949FC72-6011-464A-ADEA-F5B397414F7D.jpeg

AE5896F8-CDD3-4C44-AC46-233A8330079A.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

AE5896F8-CDD3-4C44-AC46-233A8330079A.jpeg

are you sure you couldnt squeeze another bike on the back of that? :rofl:

are you running lowered springs or have you got a few dead bodies in the boot too?

looks the dogs bo**ox though, (even fully loaded)

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Vak said:

Any non standard mods to a vehicle must be notified to Insurance company, or they may refuse a claim. I wanted to lower my suspension by 2 cm., but they refused my request. Ordered Bilstein B4's, which are not in stock till mid Nov. but B6's were, so I would have had the B6's which were available.

Luckily not yet in my country. What you can see on the roads is beyond imagination. Should come once, interesting place. :D

27 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

are you sure you couldnt squeeze another bike on the back of that? :rofl:

are you running lowered springs or have you got a few dead bodies in the boot too?

looks the dogs bo**ox though, (even fully loaded)

Haha 2 kids and all their paraphernalia. Family Camping in France isn’t a light trip. Snowboarding in Austria is similar but without the bikes lol.. springs had about 3 coils of play left.

anyhow all the people that worry lowering springs will shorten the life of the shocks and spacers ruining the bearings !!!! I’ve done 85k in it now with the H&R and spacers and at least 3 trips a year loaded like that. No sign of shocks being worn. Inside edge of the rear tyres however !!! 

Reckon if I had coil overs I’d have it hat low most of the time ;-) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the ones from the link. Package was really cool, even DVD was provided with instructions how to install. Quality of part is impressive, install easy. 

Before:

38334087086_94a6f1f749_b.jpg

During:

38334088246_09f792ea4d_b.jpg

After:

38389034261_30f52450a4_b.jpg

Didn't install immediately, as I was still considering pros and cons. Anyway not a big deal as they can be removed. No anomalies felt, no vibrations. On normal driving I have instantly felt that car is more stable on straight road, if it is a bit wavy. I don't know how to correctly explain in English, but before I always felt this left-right rotational movement on slower speeds, even in Comfort DCC mode. Now it is definitely less conspicuous - makes sense as rear track is wider, angles have slightly changed. 

Is there any bad long term effect, the time will tell, but I don't expect. Was afraid of vibrations, but so far so good. First impressions are only positive.

The looks benefit doesn't need to be mentioned, solved one and only thing that was hurting my eyes since the car arrived.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 13/11/2017 at 13:57, nidza said:

Installed the ones from the link. Package was really cool, even DVD was provided with instructions how to install. Quality of part is impressive, install easy. 

Before:

38334087086_94a6f1f749_b.jpg

During:

38334088246_09f792ea4d_b.jpg

After:

38389034261_30f52450a4_b.jpg

Didn't install immediately, as I was still considering pros and cons. Anyway not a big deal as they can be removed. No anomalies felt, no vibrations. On normal driving I have instantly felt that car is more stable on straight road, if it is a bit wavy. I don't know how to correctly explain in English, but before I always felt this left-right rotational movement on slower speeds, even in Comfort DCC mode. Now it is definitely less conspicuous - makes sense as rear track is wider, angles have slightly changed. 

Is there any bad long term effect, the time will tell, but I don't expect. Was afraid of vibrations, but so far so good. First impressions are only positive.

The looks benefit doesn't need to be mentioned, solved one and only thing that was hurting my eyes since the car arrived.

What size of the spacers it is? Same front and back?

It's Perfect!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you. 

Front nothing, back adapter from the link in my post a few posts above, 20mm. It has it's one screws and fits tightly with the hub. Idea was to keep stock bolts and have tighter more secure system alltogether.