SE L Executive

Good evening all,

Just a bit of background.... 

If you look at my posts you will see they are few and far between and I haven't posted for sometime. I owned a 2009 Superb DSG and it was a lovely car.

I am a bit of a serial car changer and since that time I've had a Ford C-Max, Insignia and currently drive a 2010 BMW 320 d.

I have always looked admiringly at the Skoda and imho they have improved even more over the last couple of years. 

So, I am ready to get back into one. I have found some pretty reasonable lease deals. 

Superb SE L Executive as the thread title says. I think to have Sat Nav, Heated Leather, etc etcThis time I am going to go for a manual as SWMBO would prefer that. I originally fancied an estate however the boot is massive on the saloon so will do us plenty. It will be the 150ps.

I have a test drive booked in for Friday. 

My question is .... Who has an exec and how do you find it? Also I can't decide on a colour so if its not to much trouble could you post some pics to help me decide?

Thanks in advance

Beerok

Sounds good, my Superb is on order but I test drove both Manual and DSG 150 diesel and thoroughly impressed with both and the 150 delivered punch where needed. I'm personally going for DSG as I fancy this over a manual for a change.

Lease is very attractive if you compare the Skoda against BMW/Audi etc.

4 minutes ago, aldouk said:

Sounds good, my Superb is on order but I test drove both Manual and DSG 150 diesel and thoroughly impressed with both and the 150 delivered punch where needed. I'm personally going for DSG as I fancy this over a manual for a change.

Lease is very attractive if you compare the Skoda against BMW/Audi etc.

Which spec are you going for and which colour combo?

4 minutes ago, aldouk said:

I've had an SEL 150TDI DSG hatch for 5 weeks. I think it's great, plenty of kit, very quiet, very comfortable on long runs and doesn't feel like such a big car round town. 

I was also surprised at how well it goes, ok it's not a sports car, but I've never felt it was underpowered when pulling away at the traffic lights or when overtaking.

Mine regularly gets a 50 mile cruise on motorways and A-roads, followed by about 5 miles or so in town and I'm averaging 57mpg without really trying.

I went for Brilliant Silver and Modus wheels.

(Please excuse the not very good photo).

20170922_133500.jpg

The car is brilliant. We down sized from the Mk2 estate for a Mk3 liftback. She's a 1.4TSi ACT SE L Exec. Has all the power you need. The boot as you say is massive. We dded the heated front seats for the heated windscreen which is great this time of year and cold mornings. 

Space is amazing and the leather seats are really comfortable. 

Ours is called Piglet and she is petrol blue metallic. Went for the 18" Modus alloys in place of the Pegasus as I think the Modus looks so much better. 

nkKkPlVl.jpg

FAbUjhul.jpg

cJK8od1l.jpg

49 minutes ago, beerok said:

I really like the colour Svend

Thanks, it's a fine metallic, in low light it's like a solid colour but on regular sunny days the colour comes alive and takes on different hues with the different angles. 

45 minutes ago, Svend said:

Thanks, it's a fine metallic, in low light it's like a solid colour but on regular sunny days the colour comes alive and takes on different hues with the different angles. 

I'm from Wales, we don't have 'regular' sunny days :D

2 hours ago, beerok said:

I'm from Wales, we don't have 'regular' sunny days :D

I'm in Cumbria, so you probably have as many as us. :p 

I have a 150TDI SEL Exec - Petrol Blue - same colour and wheels as Svend's Piglet above.  

Had it since April and it has done around 15k miles.  Plenty of go and loads of space, very comfortable and effortless cruiser.  had a day trip from Connaux near Avignon down to Antibes last month and at an indicated 85 on cruise it is a pleasant place to be.  Overall probably averaging just under 60mpg, a little more than the 150TDI Octavia it replaced.

Exec came with powered tailgate and heated seats when I got it and added the heated screen, spare wheel, and rear wash wipe (No cost option).  Still have not loaded anything onto the hard drive or used the CD as Daughters old 80GB ipod is doing fine.  Only real grumble is it doesn't have enough USB ports so I can't connect the ipod and my Galaxy at the same time - will have to try a usb hub!  

Mine is on lease and considering buying it in 18 months when the lease ends.

I have had a black sel 150 diesel manual for a year and 13,000 miles.  It looks handsome in that colour on the very rare occasions it look clean.  For practicality either of the greys or silver are preferable.  Once run in the engine has been smooth, quiet, with adequate performance for current day traffic conditions.  I chose a manual box as I tow a caravan and prefer a this for the additional control the manual provides.  I am not totally convinced by the reliability of the dsg.  My driving is mainly in town and on country roads, not that much motorway.  My overall fuel consumption for the period, calculated accurately and not relying on the car's computer, is 45-46 m.p.g.  I am satisfied with that bearing in mind this includes winter fuel and quite a few short runs.   Nearly half my driving nowadays is transporting hospice patients so I am carrying passengers as well.

it is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever had.  The alignment from seat to pedals is excellent with no offset.  I chose alcantara over leather.  It grips better and you do not get the extremes of hot or cold.  I added DCC to improve the sloppy body control but the ride does suffer when In sport mode.  I also added a sunroof, (lovely), a towbar, (brilliant), a reversing camera, (invaluable) and a space saver spare wheel, (essential IMHO).  I chose the car by rejecting a secondhand BMW which was more expensive than the Skoda to buy and own.  I do not regret my decision and with the budget I have there is nothing else on the market I would rather buy.

if you need anything else please feel free to pm me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lol6 said:

I have had a black sel 150 diesel manual for a year and 13,000 miles.  It looks handsome in that colour on the very rare occasions it look clean.  For practicality either of the greys or silver are preferable.  

I'd concur with this - the black looks amazing, but I find that my silver hides muck really well.

On another note, I see that the OP is in Wrexham - I'm not far from Malpas, so let me know if you want to have a nosy. Sadly not over the next couple of weeks though as I'm lending it to my parents to go on holiday in.

I know, I know. I'm scared too. :biggrin:

• Like 1

If I could have had Pacific blue metallic as on my previous Mazda 6 I would not have hesitated.  Not so keen on the adverse effect solid Pacific blue would have had on residuals and saleability.

I have a 1.4 petrol and find it has enough power for me, never really need more. Mine is business grey but it do prefer the petrol blue.

I have a rear camera which I find useful and should have had the front parking sensors as this is a very long car! Alcantara seats are good as well

3 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I'd concur with this - the black looks amazing, but I find that my silver hides muck really well.

On another note, I see that the OP is in Wrexham - I'm not far from Malpas, so let me know if you want to have a nosy. Sadly not over the next couple of weeks though as I'm lending it to my parents to go on holiday in.

I know, I know. I'm scared too. :biggrin:

I’m in Chester too :)

• Like 1

I have the SE L Exec hatchback in Quartz grey - very similar colour to my A3 which was Daytona grey.

I went for the 1.4TSI DSG because that's what I had in the A3 saloon and found it to be an excellent engine. Not expecting quite so good mpg in a slightly heavier car.

As for options, went for the Pegasus alloys, park pilot (only a bit more than just front sensors), smart light assist (wanted blind spot monitoring and rear park alert and the lane assist), traffic sign recognition (I know it could have been coded but only £85), mats, paddles for the DSG, rear view camera (the back is quite high so easy to miss something behind IMO), spare tyre, colour Maxidot, dynamic chassis control and rear wiper.

Some would say I'd have got an L&K for the same cost and if comparing say 220PS petrol or a diesel then that's true. But the 1.4TSI makes to benefit in kind lower which is the bigger cost.

I've got an SE business in Silver (Hatchback), the boot is colossal.  Interesting to note that the saloon is actually slightly longer than the estate version.  I added a towbar to mine (that swings back into the bodywork when not being used), it's by far the best car I've had (2.0D 150ps), it goes very well when required but is much easier to drive at more sedate speeds than my previous Inisgnia.

The hatchback is indeed very slightly longer than the estate. Not as odd as the difference in length of the current Mazda6 saloon and estate. Again the Mazda6 saloon is a bit longer and that's because it has a longer wheelbase.... Very strange to make such a change between the variant IMO.