1.5 EVO fuel consumption

The ony downside so far is my abject failure to understand how to connect the Amundsen 'infotainment' centre to the Internet. It remains frustratingly isolated. I suspect this is more a symptom of age (mine) than a poorly written manual and software. 20 years ago I needed next door's eight year old to programme our Betamax recorder.  My ability to grasp new techology has not improved since.

Sounds encouraging but remember the Octavia starts off with 2 big advantages over the Yeti.

It is the right height for a road car.

It does not have the aerodynamics of a house brick.

Right, said it now that's all the owners of extra height cars suitably offended.

• Haha 2

On 27/10/2017 at 16:30, KevinF said:

After a 1.4 Yeti for three years followed by a 170 TDI Yeti for a further three years, we now have an Octavia estate with the 1.5 EVO engine. I am staggered at how frugal and civilised it is. On a run to the west country and back last week via the M4 and M5, generally running at between 65 and 70 mph, we posted a door-to-door aggregate consumption of 58.7 mpg. At these speeds the engine is practically inaudible, and spends a lot of time on two cylinders. On good surfaces tyre roar is not that intrusive. So far we are finding Octavia ownership a very pleasant change.

Out of interest what was your average speed for the journey? My 2.0 TSI managed 55.9mpg door to door from Birmingham to the North West earlier this week keeping to similar speeds.

IMG_20171031_160125_zpsncnuee7r.jpg