using clay to detail

mrcrow

my bilt hamber clay bars are nearly finished

i am looking at perhaps getting a clay mitt

any advice on these would be welcome

what i like about the B-H bar is that i can use water with some squeezy in it to lubricate..not oil

let me know if this will be ok with a mitt as well

my car is pretty clean now so i wont see me doing much than about 1 clay per year

i use bilt hamber speed carnauba wax to seal the finished work

cheers

geof

I’ve recently begun using a Farecla clay mitt. It’s easier than a bar as it it bigger and you’re much less likely to drop it! I’ve heard that they can marr the paint more easily but haven’t found it to be an issue. I used soap suds to lubricate it and that was fine. Just don’t press too hard!

The major drawback back for me was the fact that it is grey, so you cannot see the contamination being removed though you can feel it. It is reusable though which is great. 

7 hours ago, bigman1976 said:

I’ve recently begun using a Farecla clay mitt. It’s easier than a bar as it it bigger and you’re much less likely to drop it! I’ve heard that they can marr the paint more easily but haven’t found it to be an issue. I used soap suds to lubricate it and that was fine. Just don’t press too hard!

The major drawback back for me was the fact that it is grey, so you cannot see the contamination being removed though you can feel it. It is reusable though which is great. 

Thanks very much...i did a clay bar on my car yesterday so that gives me time to choose...

i only clay the bonnet, front wings roof, rear quarters and boot lid...leaving the doors since they are vertical

i do wash and wax the whole car though

what do you think...should i do the lot?

its good to feel the silky smooth areas that have been clayed...never knew about this till about 4 years ago

cheers

geof