Immobiliser fault after matrix replacement?

Agarner

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can shine some light on a problem thay i have come across.... basically i replaced the heater matrix last week so i striped the full dash down and replaced the matrix. All went back together with no problems all wiring has been reconnected but once everything was back together again i went to start the car and now have an immobiliser fault.. typical dash light flashing and engine cutting out after 2 seconds...i just find it strange because iv never had an immo problem with this car and since it occurred after the dash removal im wondering if i have done something wrong.. the car battery was disconnected for 4 days as i only had time to fit the matrix after work and with the darker days i couldnt get much done each day.. also all carpet and dampers was removed, dried and cleaned before reinstalling.. if it helps my octavia is 2002. AUQ... i have heard of other people having the same issue after the cluster has beem removed in my case, the cluster was removed and disconnected.. any help at all will be highy appreciated and sorry for the lenghty read lol

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Check the solder joints of pins 2 and 17 of the green 32-way connector on the cluster, in case disturbing the connector has aggravated already weak/cracked joints.

Thanks wino i havent really looked into anything yet but i will check them wires and see if i have disturbed them first thing