PID Mount For Phone?

DewySkoda

I’ve always wondered if the newer Citigo’s with the phone cradle fit in the older cars that had the PID cradle. If I’m correct it’s the same size? Depends if you can find anyone nearby that has a newer car for you to try. 

• 6 months later...

Dragging this up from the depths, I've tried it, and no it doesn't fit.

Whilst the shape is the same, the PID mount from the original uses 3 prongs (for want of a better word) to hold it in place whereas the phone mount in the facelift uses 4 prongs.

It should be possible to fit the 4-hole mount from the facelift into the original, but the piece comes with all its wiring harness attached for about £90 (and you could probably then wire a powered USB  too)

An alternative which again looked possible would be to cut 2 additional holes in the original mount either side of the existing longer hole, but the opportunity for Mr Cockup to come to town is quite significant.

I'm leaving it alone.

For now.

The alternative is to buy a tom tom disk and put it across the hole where the pid goes and mount a phone holder on that.