Garmin PID map updates

Fitzwilliam

Hi, I’ve  only had my Citigo for a few weeks now and at the weekend I use the PID satnav for the first time, it was obvious that on the route I went on there had been changes made to the roads that did not agree with maps within the  satnav. As I already own a Garmin  satnav I have the Garmin Express software on my computer which allows me to download free map updates every few months, so I plugged in the PID to my computer by usb, unfortunately the Garmin Express software would not recognise the PID, also the icon on the desktop said Navigon not Garmin even though the unit is definitely Garmin. 

can anyone tell me how I can get the maps updated on the PID and why the Garmin software does not recognise the PID ?

Has anyone found a cheap solution for updates after that? I made a visit to the online Fresh Shop last week and they're asking over £80 for 2 years-worth of updates. That covers the whole of Europe (which is of little interest to me) but they don't offer any lesser alternatives.

2 hours ago, nbJubilee said:

Yes ,I had that problem. Fresh is the one you need. If you bought the Citigo new you should have a voucher to buy two years map updates for £20.00. 

Provided you redeem the code within 30 days of the pid's first use, I did this last week  and got map updates until Oct 2019 for £16.12

cg

My Citigo is a 14 plate and I'm the second owner and I have no info as to whether the original owner ever updated the maps. Tbh if it means shelling out more money for map updates I won't bother with it, I'll just use my other Garmin satnav which has free map and software updates for life and it only cost £70.

If you plug it in to Fresh and check available maps you will see the last issue dates on your maps as well as current version. You can also back up your PID and check unit update. If you mess up you can reset by pressing PID screen and holding whilst switching on.

I think Garmin should offer lifetime maps when the PID cost was £300.00.