1.6TDI CR - Upgraded air filter???

On 19/11/2017 at 00:28, JGrindel said:

Cars not a Monte Carlo ;) elegance model here... had better kit than the Monte and was cheaper!! Well was until I spent loads on the mods etc. 

Will do, it’s state 1 at the moment with estimated power of 145bhp and 230ft ilbs with stock intake. Will be interesting to see what it’s like with the VRS intake. 

Amazinf that yours produced just shy of 120bhp with the vrs intake and stock map! 

How do you find your performance and economy compared to stock with the remap?  I've got a Tunit box on mine, it's not set to max, but it makes a big difference for pulling away although it runs out of puff at higher revs still.  I get between 57-64mpg on a run to Heathrow, I notice this drops dramatically by about 1mpg for every 1mph I go above 70.

2 hours ago, globalste said:

How do you find your performance and economy compared to stock with the remap?  I've got a Tunit box on mine, it's not set to max, but it makes a big difference for pulling away although it runs out of puff at higher revs still.  I get between 57-64mpg on a run to Heathrow, I notice this drops dramatically by about 1mpg for every 1mph I go above 70.

Tbh I would say its more punchy. but its not fast by any means when compared to my mates golf gt 1.4tsi (turbo only 2007 model) but I have noticed an increase in economy. I on average get 48-52+mpg on a 33 mile journey then if I do long distance I can get it up to 57+ I had it on 60mpg before on a cornwall journey and saw 60mpg today around town. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2017 at 21:37, AwaoffSki said:

JGrindel, are you sure your mates Golf GT 1.4 TSI is Turbo only, 2006-7 they did Twinchargers with 170ps.

Im not sure it had a supercharger as there was a bigger open area at the back of the engine. I may be wrong but when we went out for a spin I couldn't hear any whining noise to suggest it had one. There was a bit if lag too before boost coming in. 

6 hours ago, JGrindel said:

Im not sure it had a supercharger as there was a bigger open area at the back of the engine. I may be wrong but when we went out for a spin I couldn't hear any whining noise to suggest it had one. There was a bit if lag too before boost coming in. 

How much power did yours make in the dyno though :D

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bertie90 said:

did you noticed any difference at all? mpg, noise, power, anything?

Didn’t notice any different in noise but then again it is a diesel. 

Ref everything else it was put on when the stage 1 was done so can’t comment on that 

10 minutes ago, Richard92 said:

I’m sure they do, I had one before and bought it off someone who had a 1.2tsi sure it even fits better than the tdi :)

Thank you :), just to be clear, both of there part numbers are from the 1.4 vrs and will fit the 1.2 tsi?

6R0129621B
6R0129618D

33 minutes ago, Filipelol said:

Thank you :), just to be clear, both of there part numbers are from the 1.4 vrs and will fit the 1.2 tsi?

6R0129621B
6R0129618D

INTAKE AIR DUCT

6R0129618D

DIRT DEFLECTOR

6R0129621B

They are the number I’ve saved in my phone and used :) so numbers are all good. Mine came to £20 so give or take will be about that too

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

I haven’t the one without the wrap is the standard one :)

Oh I mean the picture you posted on your project, on January 2nd, with the vrs intake was before you put the heat shield ?