Octavia vrs 245 DSG mpg and 0-60?

3 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

The black spoiler look great. 

Thank you, 

The service manager at my local dealers has a 245 Vrs in Meteor Grey, looks rather bland, no panoramic roof/black roof and a grey spoiler.

I think the Black bits compliment the Meteor Grey

** Other Colours and personal opinions are available **

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

1 minute ago, Gumby said:

Turns out the 245 DSG can do decent MPG when given the chance. First longish trip today, i did briefly get it up to 48.5 :) 

WP_20171106_14_23_30_Pro.jpg

Great work! I managed 55.9mpg in my 220 DSG last week. They are capable of being frugal on longer steady journeys :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

Great work! I managed 55.9mpg in my 220 DSG last week. They are capable of being frugal on longer steady journeys :)

yep, the bigger engine size seems to help compared to my old fabia vrs. No need for it to shift into 6th for motorway overtakes. Just ride the torque in 7th, Barely over 1500 rpm. 

32 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Turns out the 245 DSG can do decent MPG when given the chance. First longish trip today, i did briefly get it up to 48.5 :) 

WP_20171106_14_23_30_Pro.jpg

Pick mine up Thursday. Did you run it in much?

9 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

Pick mine up Thursday. Did you run it in much?

Yes, 500ish miles of varied loads and revs up to 4k rpm, then todays trip took me over the magic 600 miles that the hand book says. 

1 minute ago, Gumby said:

Yes, 500ish miles of varied loads and revs up to 4k rpm, then todays trip took me over the magic 600 miles that the hand book says. 

Right. Guess it's a 600 mile round trip of slow driving Thursday then! 

1 minute ago, stepdavi said:

Right. Guess it's a 600 mile round trip of slow driving Thursday then! 

I wouldn't keep it slow for all of the 600 miles, it would be a good idea to vary it like I've done. Up to you though! 

Have a read of https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/408713-running-in-tsi-engines/

3 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Thats NOT what they're designed for

This is

20171016_114412.jpg

lol dont worry, that was on a motorway run. It gets given the beans normally :)

I also have a track day coming up!

Edited by Gumby
  • Like 1

Help please.

If anyone here has a 7-speed DSG, I'd like to know the rpms / speeds in the  higher gears.

I.E. the speed (from the digital speedo) at say 2k rpms in each  of the top 3/4 ratios.

I'm trying to compare the vRS 245 gearing with our current 6-speed DSG cars ( 3k rpms = 77 mph in the Superb, 80 mph in the Golf &  95  mph (!) in the EOS, all in top gear.

TIA DC

6 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

Help please.

If anyone here has a 7-speed DSG, I'd like to know the rpms / speeds in the  higher gears.

I.E. the speed (from the digital speedo) at say 2k rpms in each  of the top 3/4 ratios.

I'm trying to compare the vRS 245 gearing with our current 6-speed DSG cars ( 3k rpms = 77 mph in the Superb, 80 mph in the Golf &  95  mph (!) in the EOS, all in top gear.

TIA DC

The trouble is the digital speedo shows the same speed as the analogue speedo which can legally be up to 10% out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

The trouble is the digital speedo shows the same speed as the analogue speedo which can legally be up to 10% out.

Probably true, but it's much easier to read the digital speedo................

DC