32KOFDATA ///// Octavia vRS Combi (MKIII)

32KOFDATA

Hello everyone! 

Been on Briskoda since 2009, my pride and joy, ongoing project, is a Fabia MK2 Sport https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/223753-32kofdata-fabia-sport-mkii/?page=19&tab=comments#comment-4942061

Two years ago I became a father of two and during last summer's vacations it was clear that a bigger car was necessary. Since launch I had my sights on Octavia vRS Combis and now I had the perfect excuse to buy one.

The Fabia will still stay as my daily driver, city commuter and the Octy will play the role of our excursions wagon.

After scouting mobile.de for a few weeks I picked a used 2014 vRS TDi sold through a dealership in Germany.

In general it is in great shape, stone chips here and there that need to be addressed, an immaculate interior and most important a full service history book. 

Below, the first pics of the car on its way back to our place. They had just fitted new TRW brake pads and discs plus fresh Pilot Sport 3 summer tires.

Some of the extras include: 

DSG, Black pack, Canton sound system, Large Navi Screen, Parking Sensors Front and Back, Panoramic Sunroof, Heated Seats, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assistant, Parking Assistant, Electric boot door, extra boot flooring and tinted windows all around. 

WHQWiM5.jpeg

jZTNde8.jpeg

It is already a gorgeous car, so not sure how much I will modify it (certainly not as much as my Fabia) still I can't wait to customize it.

Watch this space. :)

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Started buying things...

Set of SMD leds to replace all interior leds of the previous owner. They are in bad shape.

Zh4VJhf.jpg

Skoda Rapid leds for the license plate (000 052 110)

BrQKqV2.jpg

Leds for the boot area. I have these on my Fabia. They are the brightest I've come across for large dark areas. I highly recommend them.

DK7KAMp.jpg

80W CREE Leds (1156 BA15S P21W) for reverse lights

8XNSilM.jpg

OEM Chrome footrest (5Q1864551 A) This is a left hand drive one. Make sure you get the correct one.

CsVOfs3.jpg

Repair blinker seal caps as I'm planning to change the signal bulbs with leds.

QX4FTgM.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA

This is the Reiger diffuser in gloss black (0008087). Very well built, fits like an OEM product, no glue needed.

Comes with very well written instructions and really like their use of aluminum tape on the inside to protect the plastic from the heat of the exhaust tips.

j1862pF.jpg

HufD9Xo.jpg

BHomGuc.jpg

CCGEQ1k.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA

Being following a guy on Facebook with an RS Combi who at some point wore 20inch Keskin 15s, basically AMG Replica Wheels. 

Car looked sweet, so decided to track down a Mercedes AMG original set. Ended up buying through ebay a used set of 8J x 19" ET48 in black. 
They were refurbished at some point, overall in very good condition. One had some balancing issues but an easy fix.

Black is nice but not for the white wagon. They will get re-sprayed in matte gunmetal and I will keep the chrome lip.

Yxjd5vK.jpg

DmPDoG0.jpg

M8rJFYH.jpg

fDkWtax.jpg

Differences with the Skoda 19" Extremes are minimal so fitment will be good.

inuO5zc.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Phillips said:

@32KOFDATA You're not hanging about with the changes! 

Glad you've put P/N's on as i was looking for the footrest :biggrin:, I assume you need to make VCDS adaptations for the reverse light LED's?

I will try and document everything as best as I can - I know that it is very helpful to others. Yes it will be an adaptation party from what it seems. Will post info on those too.

By the way make sure it is a right hand drive footrest in your case.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Filipelol said:

Can't find the interior led pack, did you get them off ebay?

Got them from here: - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skoda-Octavia-3-III-5E-LED-Interior-Kit-Premium-18-SMD-White-Xenon-Error-Free/282668283774?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Make sure the set is the correct one for your car - the one above is for the Octavia.

• Thanks 1

On another note... child seats just came through. Chicco YOUNIVERSE ISOFIX (9-36KG) BLACK 95

Besides looking for good build quality and functionality I wanted a set that would match the interior and exterior of the car too. 

FWmkdXk.jpg

• Like 1

Philips X-tremeUltinon Led Fog H8 H11 H16 Bulbs. The most expensive bulbs I've ever purchased. They come with resistors so they are simply plug & play. No coding needed.

lMVxPu6.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AFFALTERBACH hub caps for the AMG wheels.

A0lX7E4.jpg

kQWwvHR.jpg

ND8bqaw.jpg

The key was not well kept so I got myself a new shell and transferred everything over. Got a silicone cover to keep it nice and a key ring made of steel like the one I got for the Fabia.

9DyVN1C.jpg

0veaT54.jpg

Eibach Bilstein B12 Kit Suspension (E95-15-021-08-22 45/35-40) Time to go low and give the car more performance.

Booked the car in for a remap and car now produces 184>210hp and 37>45Nm.

I could have chosen to go higher but had a talk with the programmer and decided not to in favor of consumption and other minor factors.

Love the torque that these diesel engines produce, so much fun even at 5th and 6th gear. Very happy for now with the results.

XZHwlZ8.jpg

bKIvj0U.jpg

APAZUEY.jpg

KmkrzEK.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

Beautifully done, such a nice car. What are you using for the alloy edging in white? Rimblades or something like that?

*EDIT*

Actually looking further back they look like they came with the white edging as standard?

Edited by HarleQuinn

4 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Beautifully done, such a nice car. What are you using for the alloy edging in white? Rimblades or something like that?

*EDIT*

Actually looking further back they look like they came with the white edging as standard?

The wheels were given a matte varnish thus giving the impression that they might have a white edge when in reality it is a matte silver finish.

Here are some night shots highlighting the leds in the cabin, rubber mats, footrest, puddle lights, reversing lights, number plate lights and fog lights. Indicator leds have been installed too.

VNve8th.jpg

tetkBlr.jpg

QgjFvKw.jpg

5yQYRFs.jpg

lVloDpu.jpg

cgyNYVM.jpg

YjgfVAo.jpg

vOHDmEE.jpg

YZ5T7lg.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3