Buckets

Vrsboi

Halfords now stock meguiars yellow buckets, a great opportunity to replace my old buckets however does anyone know where i can purchase lids for them? 

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165609&productId=1402419&storeId=10001

link for anyone interested, bargain for £7

The big issue I find with buckets is getting grit guards to fit them snuggly otherwise you are wasting your time :wondering:

Halford's prices look good on a bucket/grit guard combo for £16 as they are £20 in the Meg's UK on-line shop!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7 November 2017 at 22:26, Prykey said:

The big issue I find with buckets is getting grit guards to fit them snuggly otherwise you are wasting your time :wondering:

Halford's prices look good on a bucket/grit guard combo for £16 as they are £20 in the Meg's UK on-line shop!

Surely the fit of the guard isn't that critical as long as it sits flush on the bottom

13 minutes ago, labman1001 said:

Surely the fit of the guard isn't that critical as long as it sits flush on the bottom

Ideally the grit guard should be a snug fit in the bucket to ensure that the grit/debris stay beneath it and are not allowed to re-enter the main volume of water in the bucket.

5 hours ago, Prykey said:

Ideally the grit guard should be a snug fit in the bucket to ensure that the grit/debris stay beneath it and are not allowed to re-enter the main volume of water in the bucket.

Having seen the size of openings the majority of the guards that's why I'm wondering if it makes a difference of its a bit lose around the edge...