Octavia New 1.5 tsi ordered club

Car was built week 44 , been sitting at Emden , for a week waiting Custom Clearance , just confirmend after phoning today its now cleared waiting for a Boat , so assuming another 3 weeks to wait .

As well as adding heated seats I bought a new set of winter wheels and tyres. Dealer will fit and put original alloys in the boot.

So will have a used set of 15" wheels with good winter tyres available in January !

IMG_20161101_142000567_HDR.jpg

Edited by fergiet
Add photo.

On 15/11/2017 at 18:12, johnmb said:

Car was built week 44 , been sitting at Emden , for a week waiting Custom Clearance , just confirmend after phoning today its now cleared waiting for a Boat , so assuming another 3 weeks to wait .

Confirmation today via skoda chat line that it landed sheerness on the 16 November , advised 7 > 10 days to get to dealers ( I could pick it up myself less miles to Sheerness than Dealer in Ashford and delivery it direct to myself ). But suppose will have to wait a little longer .

So I have just got an offer for a new TSI 1.5 DSG estate built in June this year. It has a combined rating of 5.0 l/100 km, 110 kW. Is this the new EVO ACT engine? It’s on a dealer list and must be registered before the end of the month. Compared to other offers we would hardly pay more than a 1.0 TSI DSG and since it has all the equipment we would want it seems like a good deal.

I haven’t driven the 1.5 TSI only the 1.0 TSI.

The extra towing capacity could come in handy.

14 hours ago, TheITGuy said:

Just found out today that I can collect my car on Saturday!  That's about 11 weeks from the date when the order was placed.  Can't wait.....

Lucky you. Hope you share your opinion of the car after you drive it.

I picked mine up on Monday and absolutely loving it so far.

1.5TSI hatch in grey. No extras.

huge step up in smoothness and general refinement from my 1.6TDI!

Hoping once the engine loosens up the fuel economy will improve a bit, struggling to hit 40 mpg over the first 100 miles.

One minor odity I've noticed... The engine start/stop function actually cuts in and stops the engine when I've slowed to around 3mph. Anyone else noticed that? Not a huge deal but I can imagine suddenly loosing steering and power to brakes could catch someone out when pulling into a tight space?

PS. Apple car play, sounds like a nice idea but utter waste of time.

Edited by Smiorgian

1 hour ago, Smiorgian said:

I picked mine up on Monday and absolutely loving it so far.

1.5TSI hatch in grey. No extras.

Huge step up in smoothness and general refinement from my 1.6TDI!.........

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Had an Octavia Mk2 Ambiente 1.9 TDi DSG Hatchback  and it was as smooth as silk. One chap I drove around a lot used to comment on the smoothness.

In 2016 I swapped this for a 2.0TDi DSG Mk 3 Estate. Loved the car but the smoothness was gone and a lot noisier with occasional dull thump from the fuel.

Due to low mileages I swapped this for a Mk 3 1.5 TSi DSG Hatchback and I was back to the smoothness and quietness.

I assume diesel and Estate does not equal a smooth quiet car. The best Octavia yet as far as I am concerned.

Edited by YMe
Making sense out of rubbish I usually write.

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Hit nail on head

He had to admit he was wrong and it was only in the 1.5!

I notice all the extras you've added. Have you come across a power opener/closer for the boot? I really fancy one of those.

On 11/11/2017 at 23:31, johnmb said:

Something else that is not shown on the car configurator , have to make a check list before i  get the car , to see whats missing or added .

Had a message todat that car has arrived at dealers , sent ne a shirt video , and true , just a small spoiler on boot , and oh Blue is so the right colour , next few days to prep and register number plate , picking up thursday 30/11 .S overall about 10 weeks from order date .

It's arrived!  I picked up my 1.5TSI SEL hatchback on Saturday.  Initial impressions are excellent - comfortable, smooth, quiet and enough toys to keep me happy!  I've only driven about 150 miles in it so far, but it will probably only take two weeks for me to reach the 1000 Km running in period.  I also choose the interior light pack (really cool) and a sunroof.  Total wait from ordering to collecting  was about 11 weeks.

The car looks fantastic in Quartz Grey and the Bristos Skoda salesman didn't know about the boot lip spoiler until he got the car ready for me on Saturday.  As usual, the dealer reset the factory set variable servicing to fixed, despite me specifically asking for variable servicing.  Luckily I thought to check this before leaving the dealership, thus avoiding an unnecessary return trip (unlike when I purchased my previous Superb from them :angry:).

I'll get some photos taken and uploaded in due course.

The IT Guy.....

On 24/11/2017 at 16:33, johnmb said:

Had a message todat that car has arrived at dealers , sent ne a shirt video , and true , just a small spoiler on boot , and oh Blue is so the right colour , next few days to prep and register number plate , picking up thursday 30/11 .S overall about 10 weeks from order date .

Blue is sooooooooooooo the right colour (grey is not wrong TheITGuy ; just not blue}. The boot lip spoiler is just right and I'm sure, like me, you will love those "eyelashes" - I've made them DRL's on mine.

1 hour ago, TheITGuy said:

It's arrived!  I picked up my 1.5TSI SEL hatchback on Saturday.  Initial impressions are excellent - comfortable, smooth, quiet and enough toys to keep me happy!  I've only driven about 150 miles in it so far, but it will probably only take two weeks for me to reach the 1000 Km running in period.  I also choose the interior light pack (really cool) and a sunroof.  Total wait from ordering to collecting  was about 11 weeks.

The car looks fantastic in Quartz Grey and the Bristos Skoda salesman didn't know about the boot lip spoiler until he got the car ready for me on Saturday.  As usual, the dealer reset the factory set variable servicing to fixed, despite me specifically asking for variable servicing.  Luckily I thought to check this before leaving the dealership, thus avoiding an unnecessary return trip (unlike when I purchased my previous Superb from them :angry:).

I'll get some photos taken and uploaded in due course.

The IT Guy.....

Similar to the car I have on order. Same colour and spec. Hope you really enjoy it.

21 hours ago, YMe said:

Blue is sooooooooooooo the right colour (grey is not wrong TheITGuy ; just not blue}. The boot lip spoiler is just right and I'm sure, like me, you will love those "eyelashes" - I've made them DRL's on mine.

YMe , explain DRLs , is that something i need to do 

3 hours ago, Smiorgian said:

Happy to report on 450 mike round trip to Liverpool the mpg touched 60. Really enjoying this engine!

Don't believe the trip computer. I did an extended test abroad last weekend over 3 days, driving long distances gently mainly 90km/hr. Trip computer said 58 mpg (4.9l/100km) but accurate brim to brim calcs reveal it was a far less impressive 48 mpg.

Also speedo was 5% optimistic.

Edited by xman
Autocorrect ought to against the law...

Just now, xman said:

EU regulations require the speedo to never under-read and to over-read by no more than 10%, so a 5% over-read is to be expected.

16 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

EU regulations require the speedo to never under-read and to over-read by no more than 10%, so a 5% over-read is to be expected.

Yes I know, just pointing out the inaccuracies of the trip computer. The fuel consumption reading imo is deliberately set to mislead.

Edited by xman

5 hours ago, xman said:

Don't believe the trip computer. I did an extended test abroad last weekend over 3 days, driving long distances gently mainly 90km/hr. Trip computer said 58 mpg (4.9l/100km) but accurate brim to brim calcs reveal it was a far less impressive 48 mpg.

That would have been very disappointing. What car and engine?

My speedo is about 8% out and it is not a bad idea to check the odometer as well. Usually fairly accurate but I have experienced an individual car that was 5% optimistic.

If your odo is within a reasonable tolerance then the average speed shown for a given trip is usually accurate.

I recently suspected my odo was playing up but it turned out the distance-to-destination signposting on a local highway was way off