Front Indicator lamp replacement FL

Smokeyjoe

FNS Indicator lamp has blown. The manual does not mention how to change it and I cannot see how to get to it without some major dismantling. I have looked under the wheel arch cover and inside the bonnet but cannot even see the wires going to the bulb. (XENON Headlight version)

Anybody changed one and can give me pointers, or is a dealer only replacement? Also wondered if I can call out Skoda Assist to replace bulb as I guess I should not really drive it with a faulty indicator. Nearest dealer is 14 miles away.

Thanks guys.

It is very fiddely but it is done thru' the back of the lamp unit, have a look at the other side first as there is more room to see. Also it helps if you look through the lens of the lamp as you do it.

Take the round cover off the back and follow the wiring loom inside. I can't remember though if the bulb holder just pulls out or if it needs a twist to release it first.

Hopefuly somebody may be able to confirm this bit. 

Skoda Assist have now arrived and the guy is scratching his head. Never changed one of these before! The manual says remove the headlight apparently which means the bumber has to come off first. He is trying to access through the wheel arch at the moment.

There is absolutely no room to get behind the light unit without dismantling something first. I can hardly get a few fingers in the space.

12 minutes ago, BillN_33 said:

Don't Halfords promise to fit bulbs you buy from them for little or nothing?

Halfords will not change the front indicator bulbs on a Yeti.
I have had emails from them about this and after they contacted head office declined to do it because of the complexity.

The Skoda Assist guy has just left after 2 hours onsite. The official procedure for the FL model is the same as the earlier model which I found a link to here https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/177401-indicator-bulbs-replacement/

However, although the covering plate needs to be broken out in order to get at the bulb, it is possible to get at it underneath by just removing the wheel arch liner without having to remove the headlamp unit. Skoda assist guy did not have a bulb or the plate and screws that need to be fitted afterwards to cover the hole, but he is expecting to return tomorrow with the parts. Apparently bulb is about £28 and the plate and screws another £5 or so.

Skoda Assist have never had to fit a replacement bulb according to the operative and he also rang a Skoda dealer and they hadn't either so I guess its a rare event. Anyway it is covered by warranty as the car is less than 6 months old.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Bulb covered under Skoda warranty.          ??????

Thats what I was told, and I have not been charged for the bulb or the labour from the Skoda Assist guy that came out. His invoice shows warranty claim - nothing to pay. He told me that all bulbs are covered for 6 months from car registration and under a certain mileage (can't remember what that was) whichever came first. My car is only 2 months old and under the mileage limit so qualify.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 11:56, Clive said:

This is funny :D

Go on then, what’s funny about it?

(Disclaimer: I spend a lot of my time fitting bulbs for a well known car/bike parts retailer. Let the slagging commenceB))