All weather tyres any asymmetrical?

malcolmwoodyatt

Do you mean Winter Tyres that can be ran all year?

You can find those that are not directional but asymmetrical so fitted with the side wall marked 'outside', so can go on either side of the vehicle.

'All Weather' & 'All Season' sometimes gets used as terms for tyres not suitable for All Weathers if that is Cold, Wet, Icy or Snowy.

Some 'All Weather' tyres do mean Winter Certified obviously.

All-season tyre test 2017_2018_ top all-weather tyres tested _ Auto Express.mhtml

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Non-directional are a great idea for your spare.  As you may never use it or only use it for a short period you might consider some sub-premium brands.  It all depends on your viewpoint with some patterns suggesting all-season capabilities on their manufacturers' websites.  You'll have to dig around for this as the normal resellers' websites are less technical.  I swapped my full-sized spare for a Maxxis on a car some years ago, but never needed to use it.  The original spare was the same as those fitted all round and which probably cost double, so got promoted.

As mentioned above, asymmetrical tyres have an "outside" but a pattern can be asymmetric even if directional, although very unlikely. e.g. Sessanta (n/a as summer)?  I've assumed you mean non-directional which is what most people (me included) think of when we say asymmetrical.  More offroad patterns tend to be non-directional, but I'm sure this won't apply to your Roomster - as ever, depends on application!  I'm using such tyres on a Karoq equivalent after previous winter use on my Octavia.

Edited by Jeeves
Ultrac Sessanta hard to describe