Re map of my MK3 Octavia vrs deisel

1 hour ago, knightfal said:

My Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 184ps 2015 has 231,7PS and 487NM measured on the roller.

Tuner pushed it to 246.2PS and 516,6NM but it started shaking between 1500-2200rpm. The powertrain could not handle it.
So need to check what can be done with that, if I get the time.

DSG Stage 1 done as well. So much better.

The old number on both was from another tuner, so you can see the difference between the guys knowing what they do and others.

Now it is just pure fun to go driving. And when spring arrives here in Norway I will get the new 50/30 springs from H&R mounted. 

Dyno stage 1++.PNG

Dyno stage 1+++.PNG

401 Nm stock is a bit high? 

On 14/11/2017 at 19:35, stever750 said:

I just tried mine on the +2 settings on two of the maps just to check it wasn't going to reject them out of hand. I'm driving  to Cardiff tomorrow, so enough miles to check it's OK. 

Wow, my final day of peace is here, although rain is forecast I'm betting on an hour of dryness tomorrow. I think from your comments I'll start with a map 2. 0 setting then work from there. Map 2 seems the best choice for mk3 Octavia diesel.

1 minute ago, ISQ said:

Wow, my final day of peace is here, although rain is forecast I'm betting on an hour of dryness tomorrow. I think from your comments I'll start with a map 2. 0 setting then work from there. Map 2 seems the best choice for mk3 Octavia diesel.

My recommendation, for what its worth, would be to try this:

Map 1 - 0

Map 2 - 0

Map 3 - 0

Get a feel for the three maps - low torque, more linear, or a bit more banzai top end (though it won't make it into a petrol rev monster)

Once you've found the profile you like, then tweak it up as far as you or the car can take. Sometimes though, less is more.

23 hours ago, knightfal said:

As I wrote. That was from another tuner. Not much gain compared to stock. That's why I went to another tuner. Huge gains.

I meant that 401Nm as your reference stock is high - the factory is only 380Nm, you've gained 20Nm straight away. That has to be roller inaccuracy - both plots showing same baseline.

Just now, stever750 said:

I meant that 401Nm as your reference stock is high - the factory is only 380Nm, you've gained 20Nm straight away. That has to be roller inaccuracy - both plots showing same baseline.

I know what you mean.

Original factory is 380nm, the graph here shows not original. It shows my old tune done by a bad tuner, and my new one.

So my old tuner gave me 195ps and 401NM. And he advertised with 220-225ps and 460NM.

He gave me the money back and asked if I could have his sw on the roller when I got the new tune, so I did to prove to him his SW is ****.

:) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stever750 said:

How does using the blanking plate work? Leave engine off 5 mins, remove box and stick blank plug in it place? 

That's all the instructions say.  So I fitted the CRD3 yesterday took it for a quick spin on map 2 +0 and did not notice any change in performance at all. However today I've been driving on  2+1. Now I notice the difference, admittedly I was driving harder than normal and got a lot of wheel slip in  gear 1 & 2 as expected but from 3rd upwards there is a massive performance increase, thumbs up so far I'll try the others maps over the week and find the best for me.

I had injector  warning lamp and EML on today on 1+1. Blanked it off temporarily, EML gone but seems my engine has decided to revolt. I'll try it again on 0 power setting and see what happens, but tbh stock doesn't feel that much slower, but I always thought this with my mk2 octy, until I put the map back on. 

Just had my vrs 184 vrs done at shark. I’ll not beat around the bush !!! Awesome. Very addictive and the power just keeps coming as does the horizon. (Quickly) they got me in at short notice and wrote the map there and then. They Had an s5 on the rollers whilst I was there that made 423. :-0 and sounded something else 

Put the box back on 100 miles from home (after the damn banking plate fell apart in my hands as I removed it, luckily I caught the weather seal and the plastic pin cover) and set it to 0. No dramas so far, and it doesn't feel significantly slower the +1. I'm still not sure how big an improvement it makes - sure it pulls more strongly to 4.5k then dies off pretty quickly, but no locals owning 6 cylinder German diesels are shaking with fear at it. It's more a pleasing to drive rather than blowing your socks off experience.

I also checked the interpretation of the warning lamps - I was getting a flashing coil light, and then the exhaust sensor lamp. The first makes sense, if you depress the fuel pressure signal too much, the ECU will register as a low fuel pressure in the rail. I guess the exhaust sensor is an over-fueling warning, which might be due to interpreting the low boost pressure, ie not enough air, so over-fueling. I'm clutching at straws here though, as I'm not an engine designer, but I'm going to have a chat with a couple of people I've recently got to know that work for an OEM engine manufacturer, and hopefully start to separate fact from hyperbole.

• Like 1

I debated about either remapping or getting a tuning box for my 17 VRS TDI and eventually went to DTUK and bought the tuning box. So happy with it! It took me about 5 minutes to plug it all in and I have used all 3 modes and its great! Just got to get a feel for the mode your happy with...obviously if you whack the power up then the fuel consumption will drop, much like any other car but then youve got the extra boost of power! I currently have mine running on Map 2 with +1 Power and its great, pulls hard in every gear but notice it mainly on the motorway, even at 70mph if i want to overtake someone then i just accelerate and the car pulls like a train! Very happy with it and i would recommend it to anyone who wants more power from their VRS TDI. :)

On 21/11/2017 at 23:35, Esseesse200 said:

Just had my vrs 184 vrs done at shark. I’ll not beat around the bush !!! Awesome. Very addictive and the power just keeps coming as does the horizon. (Quickly) they got me in at short notice and wrote the map there and then. They Had an s5 on the rollers whilst I was there that made 423. :-0 and sounded something else 

Did you get it on the dyno? How is it now after a week or so? 

On 22/11/2017 at 14:12, mpwood123 said:

I debated about either remapping or getting a tuning box for my 17 VRS TDI and eventually went to DTUK and bought the tuning box. So happy with it! It took me about 5 minutes to plug it all in and I have used all 3 modes and its great! Just got to get a feel for the mode your happy with...obviously if you whack the power up then the fuel consumption will drop, much like any other car but then youve got the extra boost of power! I currently have mine running on Map 2 with +1 Power and its great, pulls hard in every gear but notice it mainly on the motorway, even at 70mph if i want to overtake someone then i just accelerate and the car pulls like a train! Very happy with it and i would recommend it to anyone who wants more power from their VRS TDI. :)

What settings have you settled on? Any issue with warning lights? I've left mine in 1+0 for around 800 miles now with no issue, but it's not that quick. Faster than stock but nothing like the shove you might expect from a remap, and nowhere near 500Nm of torque for sure. I was going to send the box to dtuk for an upgrade to latest maps but now  I'm not sure that's the most sensible value option. 

11 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Did you get it on the dyno? How is it now after a week or so? 

What settings have you settled on? Any issue with warning lights? I've left mine in 1+0 for around 800 miles now with no issue, but it's not that quick. Faster than stock but nothing like the shove you might expect from a remap, and nowhere near 500Nm of torque for sure. I was going to send the box to dtuk for an upgrade to latest maps but now  I'm not sure that's the most sensible value option. 

I've had it on 2+1 since I installed it 10 days ago and I've been giving it some welly and so far no warning lights at all. It's my first long journey tomorrow 130 miles to Portsmouth so that should highlight any issues.

Infact I did have the typical diesel starting problem where it wouldn't start straight away but since installing  the box it starts first time every time. 

On 14/11/2017 at 19:35, stever750 said:

I just tried mine on the +2 settings on two of the maps just to check it wasn't going to reject them out of hand. I'm driving  to Cardiff tomorrow, so enough miles to check it's OK. 

Just now, ISQ said:

I've had it on 2+1 since I installed it 10 days ago and I've been giving it some welly and so far no warning lights at all. It's my first long journey tomorrow 130 miles to Portsmouth so that should highlight any issues.

Infact I did have the typical diesel starting problem where it wouldn't start straight away but since installing  the box it starts first time every time. 

That's strange it's just added a comment I posted ages ago

It's because sometimes it copies the text over and you have to clear the editor. 

I'm going to go back to 2+0 tomorrow and see if thats better again, but the differences on my car are minor. Maybe I'll try 2+1 again until it lights up, but I'm pretty sure that the recommendation from Adam at dtuk when I did an initial online chat was that the optimum setting for this engine was 1+0. 

Edited by stever750

7 hours ago, stever750 said:

It's because sometimes it copies the text over and you have to clear the editor. 

I'm going to go back to 2+0 tomorrow and see if thats better again, but the differences on my car are minor. Maybe I'll try 2+1 again until it lights up, but I'm pretty sure that the recommendation from Adam at dtuk when I did an initial online chat was that the optimum setting for this engine was 1+0. 

Hi mate. No didn’t get chance to get it on the dyno but will do at some point just out of curiosity. Don’t need that to tell me it’s bl00dy quick.. It’s got better over the week. Tbh after my drive back from shark to Sunderland it felt as if everything had settled down and it’s just absolutely spot on. Even full of the wife and kids it’s doesnt hesitate when you boot it to overtake, or feel any slower. 

Very smooth delivery too. Just go get it done and sell the box on eBay lol  

8 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Hi mate. No didn’t get chance to get it on the dyno but will do at some point just out of curiosity. Don’t need that to tell me it’s bl00dy quick.. It’s got better over the week. Tbh after my drive back from shark to Sunderland it felt as if everything had settled down and it’s just absolutely spot on. Even full of the wife and kids it’s doesnt hesitate when you boot it to overtake, or feel any slower. 

Very smooth delivery too. Just go get it done and sell the box on eBay lol  

So you were using a dtuk box before? Sounds like a noticeable improvement over it. If shark had their remote gluon stick ready I'd be up there tomorrow, but I don't want to fit and forget remap. 

20 hours ago, stever750 said:

I've just got back from a 300+ mile journey and have to say I had no problems and no warning lights. It had power where needed although on the cold roads I did experience wheel slip in 3rd gear. Sticking to 70 mph + I achieved average of 61mpg. Mainly motorway but had some town and country driving as well. Taking into account I had the heater on, phone on charge, headlights on all day and at points both the heated front and rear screen  on. Impressive. I'm going to stick to 2 +1 It works for me. Going to update my insurance company tomorrow with the upgrade :((

5 hours ago, stever750 said:

So you were using a dtuk box before? Sounds like a noticeable improvement over it. If shark had their remote gluon stick ready I'd be up there tomorrow, but I don't want to fit and forget remap. 

Nah didn’t have a box before it was bog standard. Don’t really believe in the boxes although I know a few people have had them and done ok. I’m a map guy through and through. Yea sharks gluon stuff will be awesome. 

• Like 1

So after having the box fitted for 10 days to make sure I was happy with it I had the dreaded job of updating my insurance company Admiral. After reading some reviews on other chats I was expecting a fairly big increase. My insurance is due for renewal in 3 weeks anyway. It appears admiral classify it as being re chipped and gave me 3 options for the power increase 0 to 10%, 11 to 25 % OR 26% +. Not being able to put it on a rolling road I opted for the middle guessing the bhp won't have increased more than 45bhp. Shock and horror my premium increased, By a whole  £12 a year!! And that's with a speed awareness course declared from 3 years ago. So hats off to admiral (excuse the pun ) for not taking the mickey.

Edited by ISQ
Spelling mistake

On 9 November 2017 at 10:04, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've had a look at the Revo Website, they offer a 220 and a 230 map but the figures look the same. It seems a shame to get a 220 map onto a 230, defeats the object really.

Perhaps a custom map rather than a generic might be the way forward taking into account the e-diff and exhaust 

Keep us updated please

Why would it defeat the object? Even with the different exhaust, the turbos are the same. You will still get a significant increase in power / torque. If its output is similar to a mapped 220, the diff should give you better  traction.