Re map of my MK3 Octavia vrs deisel

34 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Why would it defeat the object? Even with the different exhaust, the turbos are the same. You will still get a significant increase in power / torque. If its output is similar to a mapped 220, the diff should give you better  traction. 

Much better traction you'd hope! Are the fuel pumps the same too? 

3 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Much better traction you'd hope! Are the fuel pumps the same too? 

Going to Shark for stage 1 tomorrow. I was told turbos for 220-245 the same, nothing about the fuel pumps.  I'd understand a fuel pump change if it was a bigger stock Bhp difference.  The similar remap values don't suggest it either. Then again I'm no engineer and I am probably wrong. Perhaps somebody wiser will come up with the part number or 2 different part numbers. I will ask tomorrow. Yes traction...on a warm dry road without too many twisties I don't think there'd be much difference. Then again a 16 year old twoccer in a 1.25 Zetec without a conscience could probably outdrive most of us ....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/11/2017 at 14:31, stever750 said:

So you were using a dtuk box before? Sounds like a noticeable improvement over it. If shark had their remote gluon stick ready I'd be up there tomorrow, but I don't want to fit and forget remap. 

Been back to the dyno at shark today and here’s results. Well impressed.. 

956EED23-95BA-42C4-893A-596ED8935559.jpeg

24 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Nice real world performance, and likely more than my box is developing! Far more realistic than the dtuk claims? 

Yea it works perfectly in the real world mate. Torque is there for a good 1500rpm and when it starts to drop off the hp is starting to peak. Seamless.. At 75 it’s just under boost too so fuel is good on a cruise and then ready to go when you need to. It does need to be dropped down at 75 to spark up but then it creeps up VERY quickly on you.

its what the car should have been from new. ;-) 

i was over in Germany about a week after.the map and 130mph creeps up rather swiftly. At that speed the rpm was only 3700. Winter tyres limited me taking it any further. 

• Like 1

The box does appear to be very clever and can completely understand how it works. And the dtuk one is done properly. I just prefer the thought of a map rather than something tricking the engine into life lol. And all this about the dealer not being able to see the box if it’s been removed is all a bit of a con. 

I can see the box or a map on a 4x4 vrs would be even better. My next skoda will either be the Octavia 4x4 or superb 4x4 estate and I’ll be straight off to shark for a map. At the end of the day both increase power and if they are good quality, things stay within tolerances so they are reliable then it’s a winner. And they are both around the same price. I did get a massive Black Friday deal with shark too. That swayed the decision  

• 8 months later...

Unashamedly resurrecting this, I got rid of the box, the limp mode threat became intolerable so took the plunge and got it remapped locally (quantum). Most definitely smoother and stronger than the highest 2+2 box setting that I ever tried, but that's a subjective bum dyno so take with usual pinch of caveats.... 

That's a coincidence. Literally today I had my water pump and cam belt replaced 6 months earlier than manufacture recommended.

My engine started to overheat, even on a 5 mile journey. Water pump had gone. £489 later all is good agian. 

As the water pump works the turbo I have to ask is the dtuk box something to do with it? 

I did ask for the software to be checked as it had the usual starting problem and there was an update. Hopefully from tomorrow starting won't be an issue. 

But to be honest my average mpg went from 57mpg before the dtuk box to 65pmg on a long run. But it has cost me £489 for the privilege 10 months later. 

I have removed the box for now as it's getting cold and no extra power needed.  Now got all 4 wheels on michelin cross climate ( expensive week) 

Hopefully a hassle free winter