Icebox Auto Stereo Advice?

Hi.

I have just purchased a 2008 Octy Vrs with a stream mp3 stereo

I want to replace the head unit but without the hassle of changing the canbus and other bits i will need to do, so im looking for an aftermarket stereo

I have messaged icebox auto on ebay and they sent me this link recommending this stereo

http://www.iceboxauto.com/skoda-octavia-ii-2007-2009-android-71-q005

Does any one have experience with this stereo? 

Are there any other options without me having to change the fascia? 

Sorry if this is a repost i have searched the forum but cant find anything to do with this stereo

Thanks

I had this unit fitted to my Octavia 2009 PFL but I found the signal on FM kept losing the signal and memory kept losing the settings.

This unit was fitted with amp booster fitted on aerial lead but still it did my head in, in the end with it keeping losing signal I just took the unit out and put back the old Stream MP3 unit.

You do not need change the surround trim.

Why dont you want to change the trim? Its only £20

You also will need to spend around £30 on a iso adaptor and also buy a fakra to din aerial adaptor.

Maybe try this instead?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/head-units/double-din/pioneer-avh-x490dab-double-din-cd-mp3-dvd-player-dab-digital-radio-iphone-android-touchscreen-multimedia-player

When I changed the unit to the icebox unit did not need change the trim, ISO adapator or fakra to din aerial adaptor as it was part fitting kit.