Quick question

Juego

Currently looking at a Superb elegance and was wondering if they were all twin tails? Only reason I ask is the dealer photos only show the bootlid open not the full tail gate. Probably a daft question lol

Also how reliable is the 170bhp engine? It's a 2015 15 plate so I don't think I need to worry about the oil pump issue,  it's gonna be a taxi so will run a lot of miles so want it as reliable as possible, it's a dsg which I need due to my knees.

Edited by Juego

All are twin tails  :biggrin:

170 bhp are very reliable seen them on our system up at 240,000 and still going as you know key is maintenance these are getting serviced every 10,000.
Just make sure the DSG has been serviced properly.  They need done every 40,000 so keep that in mind when servicing..
have you not thought of the estate as they are brilliant for airport runs and courier work... 

I have also just fitted a DTUK box to try and get the MPG up a bit but turns out my right foot is still a bit heavy B)

Edited by DEL80Y
more info
  • Like 2

I did fancy the estate however the deal for the hatch was too good to pass up so went for it and collect it on Thursday. Phoned my chosen Skoda garage and spoke to the master tech and he answered a few other questions I had so feel a lot better now about the decision! Can't wait to collect it, collect it Thursday and it gets plated on the Friday 

Edited by Juego

You will love it. I liked it so much, I bought two!

You still have a massive boot and it looks a little nicer than the estate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, S00perb said:

You will love it. I liked it so much, I bought two!

You still have a massive boot and it looks a little nicer than the estate.

I think for me it's Marmite for the saloon. That's why I bought the estate as I wanted a Superb. 

• Like 2

Should be a great buy as long as it hasn't had "The Emissions Fix". Will you be buying it from a Skoda dealer? If so it will have had the fix which is BAD news!

Check out the Emissions Fix threads .... there's lots of them.

Drefaldwyn.

• Like 2

Yeah if it's had the fix it will get unfixed. Have a friend that does remaps so will get the fix reversed no bother.

It's not coming from a Skoda dealer no it's coming from a motorstore. 

Cheers, I'll have a look. Things might not be progressing as I need a copy of the V5 for the local licensing department to plate the car and they won't give me it saying it's against company policy! Funny how every other garage will give you it and I bought a car from Arnold Clark 18 months ago and got a copy, the owner of the company I drive for bought a car from Arnold Clark and also got a copy of his so he could plate his so............ the sales girl has been told if I don't have it by Monday I need to cancel the deal! 

Edited by Juego