Skoda Superb MK2 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Bulb Types

Hi All,

this may already have been covered in another posting, so apologies if I'm duplicating something that has already been clarified.

I was trying to identify the correct Xenon bulb type for my 2014 Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI Estate and there appeared to be conflicting information on this.

However I believe this to be correct from my research on the OSRAM website. I know I can just and take a bulb out of my headlamp and look at the label, but I thought surely the 'Information Super Highway' can help with this:)

The pre FL Superb Mk2 Xenon bulb type is D1S (up to 20130) and the post FL Superb MK2 is Xenon bulb type is D3S . (up to 2015)

See OSRAM Website for details:-

https://am-application.osram.info/en/p/home

Hope this might be of some help to someone.

Best Regards,

Jon

Skoda Superb MK 2 Xenon Headlamp Information.docx

• Like 1

Fist, to get to the bulb, you have to remove front bumper end then headlight first :)

Correct, bulb is D2S. Got them ckhanged to Osram Night Breakers year ago.

Also (very important!) I got the local service to adjust the beam angles. Originally Superb`s low beam reach about 35 meters only. After adjustment my low beam is about 100 meters long. With original adjustment it`s quite dangerous to drive in the dark as at speed 90 kmh / 60 mph you drive basically in front of your low beam (only breaking distance from that speed is about 40 meters plus reaction time 1 second = 25 meters.

Hi Linni,

that's interesting that you are quoting D2S as the bulb type. I've just been looking at the rear of my headlamp.

I can see the Xenon ballast unit on the back of the headlamp unit. Its held in place by 3 Torx screws.

The Mitusbishi P/no. is MH7 W003T22071 and the VAG P/no. is 8K0941597E.

See attached picture of the ballast label, on my car it doesn't list D2S. But it does list D3S, D3R, D4S & D4R

I wonder if they fitted different headlamp units for different countries ? or for different models within the Superb range ? Mine is Elegance specification, not sure if you have that model in Estonia ? and I notice yours is the  L and K spec.

Thanks for the information about bulb replacement. All the videos I have looked at on YouTube, for headlamp bulb replacement for VAG cars none of them look like mine !!! All Superb and Octavia videos none show a ballast unit on the rear of the headlamp unit.

From just looking at the rear of my headlamp it looks as you need to remove the ballast unit, before you can access the bulb, but that's just a guess.

I expect you are correct about the need to remove the entire headlamp unit, that would be just my luck !!!!:blush:

Thanks,

Jon

Xenon Ballast Unit Hi-lighted Text.PNG

Sorry, my mistake. Checked my online purchases and they are D3S.

Some guys have managed to change the bulbs taking off front wheels and plastic wheelarc covers.

Edited by linni

Thanks for the information about taking wheels off and wheel arch liners. Linni

I've found  a Passat video in which they do this, instead of taking the bumper off.

The joys of modern motoring!!!!:)

Best Regards,

Jon