O3 FL High Beam Assist - VCDS Autoscan

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2017 at 18:27, wg100 said:

I took the car for a drive last night and can confirm that High Beam Assist can be programmed onto an MY18 Octavia 3 as follows:

Requirements:
VCDS: 17.10 beta
HEX-V2 or HEX-NET in order to access controller 4B
A5 camera (You already have Lane assist or Traffic Sign Recognition)

Full LED headlights

Procedure:

• Ensure light switch is off
  • Conduct a soft reset when accepting each change
  • Reset Light menu to factory settings after coding to display new menu option

Controller 09 - Central Electrics
Security Access - 16: 31347

Adaptations  - 10
- Search for Fernlicht to narrow down the options
- Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkeinstellung: Set to PRESENT
- Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Set to PRESENT
- Erwiterte Fernlichtsteuerung: Set to AFS: FLA: FERNLICHT UEBER AFS
Menu option for "Light Assist" should be available in the Lights section of the Car settings menu (may require a factory reset of Light menu).

If you want HBA to remain active, with light switch in Auto, then code the following
- Fernlichtassistent Reset: Set to NOT ACTIVE

Controller A5 - Front Sensor
Coding (using experimental coding values)

-Byte 19, Bit 0-3 (00 FLA_Additional_High_Beam,no_Additional_High_Beam

-Byte 19, Bit 4-7 (20 FLA_Headinglight_Type,LED)
-Byte 21, Bit 5-7 (20 AFS_coding_Light_Assist,High_Beam_Assist)

Controller 4B - Multifunction Module
-Byte 11, Bit 6 (High Beam Assistance,Enabled)

You may get an error pop up regarding Headlight Range Control. To clear this, go to Controller 4B, Basic Settings. 
-Basic Headlamp setting -> Go
-Acknowledge basic setting -> Go

Thanks for this worked great on mine. Error sorting was the final sort i hadn't done from the other link. I think the HBA is better than my last car. 

TSR next...

On 27/11/2017 at 09:53, djduese said:

@aki78 I'm glad, that you use my list, but it is not allowed, to post screenshots of it. 

In the future, please don't post any screenshots of it

I have removed the screenshots Daniel

• Thanks 1

On 28/11/2017 at 18:27, wg100 said:

I took the car for a drive last night and can confirm that High Beam Assist can be programmed onto an MY18 Octavia 3 as follows:

Requirements:
VCDS: 17.10 beta
HEX-V2 or HEX-NET in order to access controller 4B
A5 camera (You already have Lane assist or Traffic Sign Recognition)

Full LED headlights

Procedure:

• Ensure light switch is off
  • Conduct a soft reset when accepting each change
  • Reset Light menu to factory settings after coding to display new menu option

Controller 09 - Central Electrics
Security Access - 16: 31347

Adaptations  - 10
- Search for Fernlicht to narrow down the options
- Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkeinstellung: Set to PRESENT
- Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Set to PRESENT
- Erwiterte Fernlichtsteuerung: Set to AFS: FLA: FERNLICHT UEBER AFS
Menu option for "Light Assist" should be available in the Lights section of the Car settings menu (may require a factory reset of Light menu).

If you want HBA to remain active, with light switch in Auto, then code the following
- Fernlichtassistent Reset: Set to NOT ACTIVE

Controller A5 - Front Sensor

-Byte 19, Bit 0-3 (00 FLA_Additional_High_Beam,no_Additional_High_Beam

-Byte 19, Bit 4-7 (20 FLA_Headinglight_Type,LED)
-Byte 21, Bit 5-7 (20 AFS_coding_Light_Assist,High_Beam_Assist)

Controller 4B - Multifunction Module
-Byte 11, Bit 6 (High Beam Assistance,Enabled)

You may get an error pop up regarding Headlight Range Control. To clear this, go to Controller 4B, Basic Settings. 
-Basic Headlamp setting -> Go
-Acknowledge basic setting -> Go

This worked a treat on my 2018 VRS245, thanks for sharing! 

1 hour ago, Muzza80 said:

This worked a treat on my 2018 VRS245, thanks for sharing! 

I’m happy to accept thanks in unmarked £ notes in a brown envelope...

Edited by wg100
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Welsh_kai_boy said:

Are we saying that the VCDS HEX cable cannot code module 4B, someone is asking if I can do HBA on TROC and I don't want to waste their time if i can't.

This thread suggests it can't: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12941-2018-Golf-GTI-Reference-Scan-(with-17-12-BETA)

15 hours ago, Welsh_kai_boy said:

Are we saying that the VCDS HEX cable cannot code module 4B, someone is asking if I can do HBA on TROC and I don't want to waste their time if i can't.

Which HEX cable are you talking about?

HEX-USB+CAN - can't

HEX-COM+CAN - can't

HEX-V2 - can

HEX-NET - can

Why? - because VW have made some of the very latest modules use much longer CAN bus messages which the older HEX-USB+CAN and HEX-COM+CAN cables cannot be upgraded to handle, but the current HEX-V2 and HEX-NET can handle OK.

• Like 2

Guys I’m having a problem clearing the Beam calibration error. Using a RT HEX-V2 cable and coded HBA as above but cannot get the 4B module to run basic reset. Just keeps returning the message ‘Not Running’ 

Anyone else come across and rectified this. The coding seemingly works but the error remains..

I have tried reversing all coding( soft resets at each step and light settings in HU) but error still pops up in the Maxidot. Recoding doesn’t seem to change anything. Command for 4B basic settings will not run :sad:

• 4 months later...
55 minutes ago, happy2002 said:

I'm italian can you help me you can confirm that the procedure works whit ODB Eleven, on Octavia FL year 2019 without errors. The car is equipped with Lane assist. Thanks for your help. Frank

Frank, I activated HBA on my MY19 VRS a few weeks ago as per the instructions above. No problems. Prego!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, all.

Just did the HBA tweak, courtesy of @wg100 fantastic walkthrough. 

The only thing different on how to solve the 'Headlight Range Error' is how the setting is labelled.  The version I used was 21.3.0, so some options looked different.  The error was annoying and I thought I had to revert the settings back and must have messed it up.  Ross-Tech's support is amazing.  They responded to me within 24 hours. 

It works a treat now and the error has been cleared.  I have also gotten the hang of using VCDS. 

Here is the last step update fs you are using a newer version of VCDS (Module 55 Xenon Range is gone) and the Address 4B - 04 Basic Settings options that you need to click will have different labels:

It will still have [*IDE03675-MAS09980*] and [*IDE03676-MAS09980*] beside them but the labels are:

'Headlight adjustment Start 1 [x]' previously 'Basic headlamp setting' click Go! to activate the setting, no need to readjust your headlights, physically, unless you are also after that and Stop, once done.

'Headlight adjustment Stop 2 [x]' previously 'Acknowledge basic setting' click Go! to activate the setting.  The position should now be learned and the error should disappear.  

Click 'Done, Go Back' and don't forget to clear any fault codes.

I have attached some photos and videos to help those having trouble.

Hope this helps those still having trouble or using a newer version of VCDS. 

The support team of Ross Tech are top notch.  Thanks, Dana.

Controller 4B Basic Settings.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gresini15 said:

Hi, all.

Just did the HBA tweak, courtesy of @wg100 fantastic walkthrough. 

The only thing different on how to solve the 'Headlight Range Error' is how the setting is labelled.  The version I used was 21.3.0, so some options looked different.  The error was annoying and I thought I had to revert the settings back and must have messed it up.  Ross-Tech's support is amazing.  They responded to me within 24 hours. 

It works a treat now and the error has been cleared.  I have also gotten the hang of using VCDS. 

Here is the last step update fs you are using a newer version of VCDS (Module 55 Xenon Range is gone) and the Address 4B - 04 Basic Settings options that you need to click will have different labels:

It will still have [*IDE03675-MAS09980*] and [*IDE03676-MAS09980*] beside them but the labels are:

'Headlight adjustment Start 1 [x]' previously 'Basic headlamp setting' click Go! to activate the setting, no need to readjust your headlights, physically, unless you are also after that and Stop, once done.

'Headlight adjustment Stop 2 [x]' previously 'Acknowledge basic setting' click Go! to activate the setting.  The position should now be learned and the error should disappear.  

Click 'Done, Go Back' and don't forget to clear any fault codes.

I have attached some photos and videos to help those having trouble.

Hope this helps those still having trouble or using a newer version of VCDS. 

The support team of Ross Tech are top notch.  Thanks, Dana.

Controller 4B Basic Settings.png

Sorry I didn’t manage to get back to you, but good job on figuring it out.

wg100

19 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Sorry I didn’t manage to get back to you, but good job on figuring it out.

wg100

No dramas, man.  Your walkthrough was spot on.  I just got confused in the end so I had to contact as many people before proceeding.  It's scary to mess things, up. 

Thank you, again!

Hi, all. 

Just received an update from Dana from Ross-Tech that it has been updated.  She had sent me a file to update Basic Settings 04 in Controller 4B. 

Please see the screenshot.  Hope this helps, all.

New Basic Setting Label.png

Edited by gresini15
  • Like 1