How to get the car hot?

Nobbi1977

Do the seats not heat until you sit in them. Popped the key in and had it running for a couple of minutes to let the screen warm while I got ready. Had the seats turned on as well but they were still cold when I got in the car, it that normal?

9 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Do the seats not heat until you sit in them. Popped the key in and had it running for a couple of minutes to let the screen warm while I got ready. Had the seats turned on as well but they were still cold when I got in the car, it that normal?

The elements will probably be warm but without you sitting on the seat and squashing all the layers together and letting the heat conduct through you will not feel much

I turned my engine, heated screens and drivers seat on whilst removing the thick ice this morning.

By the time I had done the side windows the ice had melted on front and rear screens, just needed windscreen edges clearing where there is no electric elements.

Then sat in the car on a nice warm seat to drive away.

12 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

The seats do not heat unless there is someone sitting on them.

From the manual.
""The seat heating in the following cases will not turn on - there is a risk of damaging the seat covers and seat heating.
■ The seats are not occupied by people.""

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1