New Fabia VRS owner

suchy86

Yeah can't wait, interested to find out what has already been done to it.  99% certain exhaust isn't standard.  If the bonnet is a wrap it will be coming off, and going to keep my eyes open for some standard wheels.

Personally i like the Audi wheels on it. (You would get a swap plus money, or they will sell easy enough.)

Stance looks good as well. 

If posting in the Fabia Mk2 section maybe say what size tyres are fitted.

(Be sure to declare the car not standard with your insurer.)

If you wanted you could change the wheels colour. 

Black Gigaro are so so, and Dark Chrome Gigaro worth avoiding.

(If you do want standard Gigaro i have a few sets for sale.)

imageproxy (1).jpg

Blackpool..Santa Pod..Borders Scotland 095.JPG

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Sadly buying the Skoda Approved Warranty and then the Current Skoda Warranty is as much a lottery as buying a Twincharger, 

Recent members experience are showing the Skoda Warranty can be 'Not worth the paper it is written on or the T&C's in the Websites & Emails.

Buyer beware,

not only with Twinchargers but even Official Skoda Warranties. Do your research...

eg.

£404 down the pan and lots of argument before even a VW owned Underwriter gets the point they are Mis-selling a financial product.

(No point buying anyway if there was ever a Remap on the ECU or one on now.)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/440772-nightmare-fabia-vrs-engine-replacement-nightmare 

If Skoda / VW treat you like this with Engines they know have issues with over 20% of those produced just imagine what other Warranty Providers can be like.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

• Like 1

Buyer beware.  Read the Warranty Terms, and max costs etc, and if you get a Lemon return it immediately as you got it, no mods or other Technicians having touched it.

I see the MOT was done at Evans Halshaw previously.

I have looked at a few vRS for members interested in buying them.

Salespeople had not a clue on Twinchargers, and the Service Department no idea on Oil use or actually how to check the Oil level it seems from what the Oil was on the dipstick before starting the engine. 

The MOT history only shows passes and that there were MOT's before sales most likely.

1st, then 2nd.

Evans Halshaw have a habit of fitting new discs and pads if there is cosmetic or worse corrosion which is good.

You need to budget for a possible £400-£500 bill coming soon with a Twincharger 6 years old and over 50,000 miles.

Water Pump & Belt replacement. Remember the Brake Fluid change as well if required / not done last year or this.

Spark Plugs changed or at least checked, and if a K&N filter in get shot of that and fit a clean new standard filter.

For peace of mind ask Skoda UK Customer Services or any Skoda Main Dealership what is on the System for Servicing / Maintenance, 

Engine rebuilt, or replaced, Oil Consumption Tests carried out, & if Breather Mod carried out and software update, or Oil Spray Jets replaced and Software Update done,

Just any Warranty Work and Service Campaign work such as '34F5' on the DSG.

and if the original engine is still installed, or even the replacement, or has it been replaced as well.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Put the request into skoda for their service records on it, will check tomorrow when I can get the VIN to see if there are any recalls that it is due.

Hopefully there wont be any issues with it, with there being 50,000 on the clock I would imagine any issues with oil consumption and engine replacements would have already been rectified.

• Like 1

Yes, rectified or punted because feed up of topping up the oil, reset fault codes.  Vorsprung Durch Technik.

So use 5w 40 Full Synthetic Oil (VW 502 00), not 5w 30 FS LL (VW 504 00) as VW / Skoda recommend.

Run Super Unleaded not 95 ron Unleaded, 97 ron or better 99 ron.

Buy / fit spark plugs like DENSO and not VW OEM like NGK. 

Check Fluid Levels before collection when cold. Oil on dipstick and Coolant, 

then check once home and at operating temperatures.

Check and set the tyre pressures yourself and reset the TPMS.   Then have loads of fun.

The pinned thread is at the top of the Fabia MK2 section.

See todays posts there, says it all on the box, iridium & platinum.

Maybe read the other pinned thread with the link to Lucifers Ultimate Guide.    in 7 years everything about Euro 5 Twinchargers has been on this forum, 

or discussed by owners, and even so called experts that have never owned one.  See the Pinned Oil Consumption thread.

There are good ones, very good ones and loads of smiles per miles, just get to know what you are dealing with and remember, 

there are more than 1 in 4 CAVE Engine Mk2 vRS Fabia in the UK with replacement engines fitted.

image.jpeg.009926bab7e1eaeb7a25db579f8b6503.jpeg

Well I've been in some nippy cars before but this thing is ridiculous!!!

Bonnet is a wrap and will most likely come off.

And will eventually try and get some black gigaro's on it and get rid of the audi wheels

• Like 2

Best get a Dyno done at some point and see just what you have. Stage 1 maybe...

Things might not be at Factory Setting, such as the XDS, even brake assist, and the Ballast Weights might be off the rear crash bar.

Skoda could have had proper suspension, better balance as with the Polo GTI with Battery in the boot and no standard spare wheel, 

but then the Fabia hatch would have been lighter than the 9 3/4" longer Estate and the 3 sister twinchargers, Ibiza, Cupra Polo GTI & A1 185ps, 

and quicker so VW Group Sand Bagged the vRS Hatch making the front light under acceleration. 

*Still is quicker though...* Only they gave kiddology official figures.

Vorsporung Durch Technik,  Never make the cheapest one the fastest & put the VED class up higher...

(Also do not give official towing weights for the Skoda Hatch / Estate so that a towbar can not be fitted to tow, but give them to the sister cars, 

same engines / dsg, and all the other components.)

Skoda Fabia rear weights.jpg

On 11/11/2017 at 22:48, suchy86 said:

Hi guys,

Pick up my Fabia VRS on Tuesday cant wait!! Blown away on the test drive.

Thanks,

Graham

skoda-fabia-1-4-tsi-vrs-5dr-dsg-239767351-1.jpg

That’s my old Fabia had it from new for just over 3years, I’m guessing the roof as been wrapped as the original colour is white.

anything you need to know give me a shout.

• 2 weeks later...