ECE2018 Columbus Maps Direct Download Link

andyvee

Thanks to @aki78, here is the link for the 2018 ECE (Europe) Maps for the Columbus.

These are normally available via the update portal, but Skoda don't seem to have got round to releasing them yet and still show the 2017/8 maps

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P166_EU_2018.zip

The update portal is here, you need to enter your VIN

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/?new_vin=true

I have tried these and they work. Extract the zip file to a USB hard drive or SD card (you will need 32Gb) and make sure you have only these in the root of the card/drive:

Mib1 Folder

Mib2 Folder

metainfo2.txt file

If you do this from a Mac then expect problems unless you know how to clean up all of the crap that the MacOS will put on the SD card that shouldn't be there ...........

Then from Navigation view go into settings>version information and choose update from USB/SD

Skoda may eventually get round to releasing these via the portal or Soda Connect, or they may release a different version, who knows. All at your own risk of course.

Took about 40 minutes to update from a USB HDD for me.

Edited by andyvee

13 hours ago, athon34 said:

Remenber : U have to extract your new carto. on your original SD card map before installing it.

So don't forget to backup your old carto. before.

Rubbish. You don't have an original SD card for Columbus. I updated mine from a usb HDD.

On 16/11/2017 at 14:28, andyvee said:

Rubbish. You don't have an original SD card for Columbus. I updated mine from a usb HDD.

Me too. Eventually.

The initial download using VIN played silly games initially, refusing to “unpack” into anything other than an SD card.

Which I didn’t have.

Left it running all night to no avail then simply did it the old fashioned way by downloading the Zip file then Extracting it myself into a desktop folder, then into my USB stick.

Was pleasantly surprised today when it updated in around 40 minutes after 2 false starts reading the USB drive.

Unfortunately the map is not up to date at all as it does not show the new Queensferry Crossing.

Maybe in 2019?

ps - cleared my Jukebox and updated from a fresh load of tunes from SD2 at the same time. 

253C3904-74A7-44BC-98FB-3C36A7DEC7C9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The portal does not recognise my VIN, suggests "Your navigation can be updated only at the service. Please contact your dealer for more information." I am downloading from the other link provided, expect it to be on my local HDD in about 4hrs!

Anyway, before I go ahead and attempt to update, are there base settings/dependencies I need to check first? Car is Superb MK11 Nov 2010 60 plate Elegance and I'm in the UK (Europe). Obviously I'll need my current version information to assist with that and I'll post that up in a bit...

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:43, Andacami said:

Car is Superb MK11 Nov 2010 60 plate Elegance and I'm in the UK (Europe)

You should scoot over to the Superb MK 2 forum and post the Columbus (RNS510), firmware and required firmware version questions there.

My 2014 Superb II had Western Europe Mapping V12 when I got it and has since had V13 and now V14 maps installed.  It has to be done from a map DVD.

My car has firmware version 5238 on it and that seems to be the min recommended version for V13 or V14 mapping releases. I think that firmware can be used on Columbus units in Superbs built up the end of 2013.

There is a site member called rustynuts on the forum who can definitely give answers you can trust. He knows the Superb Columbus units inside out - literally.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hellblazer said:

Can the maps be updated from SD card with the ignition off ? 

Yup. There is a battery saving feature that turns the infotainment off after 30mins or so w/o ignition though. It will start again from where it was though. 

• 3 months later...