Gotta say goodbye for now.....

Agerbundsen

All good reasons and as you say should be fun!

Must admit I don't have any problems with my FWD Audi TT with 208 BHP but it's a weekend car, mainly driven in the summer and I don't drive it that hard, bought it because it's a soft top and the power makes for effortless driving rather than initial getaway.

Be interesting to see how you get on with the T-Roc. I shall look at one myself but fear that the rear passenger space may not be enough with a 6 footer driving?

Are they in the dealers yet? 

Because the SEAT is perceived as a bit of a step-down from the Yeti - rightly or wrongly. Also the dealer I have used for the last ten years is both Skoda and VW - and have behaved very well from both service and sales pricing.

Does anyone really worry about marque snobbery anymore? VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat are all part of VAG and use the same components in their vehicles. Difference is essentially in the style and finish and price. Take your choice but don't pretend you are getting anything fundamentally different.

Agreed, but you can't escape the fact that VW's and Audi's have more luxurious internal finishes than Skoda or Seat. You makes your choice and you pays your money. Personally I prefer the more understated look of Skoda - Seat's have too dark interiors for me - and I like the "it just works" simplicity of Skoda's internals.

Honestly, I struggle to see a significant difference between any current VAG interiors - except for the typeface on the speedo. That said, I love my Yeti and there's nothing other within the VAG range to match it. When it becomes time to change it for something else though... I honestly don't know. Most likely it'll be a Karoq, but only because of the Varioflex rear seats... were it not for them I probably would've preferred the Ateca.

7 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Yes I do!

I smirk every time I pass a VW or an Audi and think how much they have paid to have the same mechanicals and build quality that I have in my Skoda.

Not sure about build quality. I've had a few Audis and not a squeak or rattle. Had a dashboard rattle in one of my Passats which I got sorted by the dealer.

Got a number of squeaks and rattles in the Yeti but haven't bothered to get them fixed as it's a Skoda!

Hopefully the Karoq, if I go for one, has improved as regards build quality.

Skoda have certainly moved on. Again when I had the Passats I hired an Octavia and the difference in quality was noticeable, less so nowadays.

Have you driven an Audi? Those Audi drivers you passed might be smirking at your Skoda! :)

Edited by VAGCF

Yes I was seriously considering a 5 year old A6 auto 3lt at one point. Came across one with loads of extras and only 30k miles. Ruled it out in the end as rear headroom not enough for my tall son.

Decided a new leased car with a 5 year gurantee was a safer bet as I need a reliable car for work use so went with a new aYeti. Probably one of the last few made to xustomer order.

Edited by kenfowler3966

4 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Got a number of squeaks and rattles in the Yeti but haven't bothered to get them fixed as it's a Skoda

On my second Yeti, not a squeak or rattle from either in 5 years of ownership. Probably same now with VW and Audi, generally standards of assembly have vastly improved with much of the assembly work being done by robots which don't tire and place everything to within a hairsbreadths accuracy. 

My first choice would have been a Yeti with DSG and 4x4, but alas, not available. After 8 years of Yeti ownership, no complaints, no squeaks or rattles or any other complaints.

20 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Yes I was seriously considering a 5 year old A6 auto 3lt at one point. Came across one with loads of extras and only 30k miles. Ruled it out in the end as rear headroom not enough for my tall son.

Decided a new leased car with a 5 year gurantee was a safer bet as I need a reliable car for work use so went with a new aYeti. Probably one of the last few made to xustomer order.

Audi A6, now you are talking. Had an estate, or should I say Avant, and that was the best car I've ever owned. Build quality was first rate and the driving seat a lovely place to be, the Yeti doesn't come close but neither does the price!

As regards rattles, it's obviously temperature related as I hardly noticed it in the summer but over the last week or so it's become annoying. As has been reported on other threads it's from the instrument area and I know the usual fix is to spray the instruments/binnacle interface with silicon, but really you shouldn't have to should you. I think the instruments are the weak link in the dashboard (just tapping the sides of the speedo and rev counter highlights this) as the rest is pretty solid and well built. But other than this everything else is very acceptable.