Jacks Mellow Yellow Mk1 VRS

Jackering

So... this first post is now going to be a little whistle stop tour... I spent about an hour writing this previously only for my laptop to lose internet connection and not post haha!

So, My name is Jack, and in August I bought a 2004 1.9 PD130 VRS with 153k on it, it was an absolute bargain at the time and the plan was a cheap daily... this plan did not last long.

It had a little over a months MOT, I knew it needed droplinks as they were knocking so these were replaced and it flew through its MOT no issues.

Its now sitting at 160k - No issues at all, I plan to shorty replace the cam for my own peace of mind.

First thing was to get the wheels sorted, they were corroded, curbed and peeling and just looked awful - as they were already painted anthracite I decided to stick with this and get them done.

vCVIaSE.jpg

Car looked so much better once these were sorted out, I chose to go for 4 Hankook Evo V12's - Very good tyre for the price!

Next was the exhaust, although the car was already decatted, It still had the standard backbox which was sitting a bit wonkey, so I opted to have this removed and replaced with a nice tip on the end, a little different but everyone always goes for twins so wanted to be different.

t5AANLh.jpg

Now... One thing lead to another and I now have a trip to the nuburgring booked for July.. So thats when the car has to be done for.

I did Rockingham a little while ago, Very happy with how the car did, It pointed out two things to me though.. 1) The standard brakes aren't the best.. but this may be down to the pads.. and 2) the standard sidemount is awful.

Now, both are easily resolved.. I've bought a set of 312mm brakes to fit, they need cleaning up and painting but I'll get them on soon enough.

I've also just bought a seatsport intercooler.. Just need to get the hard pipes and remove my xenon washers.

jAkoUsP.jpg

0vbIwWF.png

O265WX6.png

I also have got a set of BBS RW's to fit, I need to get Tyres and potentially get them painted, I didn't want to go to 17's but I love the way these look on Fabias, and I can always sell them on later down the line if I choose.. I need to get 4 Federal RSR tyres also.

n6Ezj5W.jpg

J68EM6R.jpg

Now, I have a lot of parts sitting around waited to be fitted, I have a few other bits also that I may tease later on.. but the plan is a track build so.. we'll see what happens. 

This is how she currently sits:

aFy5x6P.jpg

Cheers

Jack

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bit of an update, had all the sills painted and rust sorted over Christmas.

Car was dropped to Shaun at SW Motorsports for the cage, new tyres ready for the track day.

And it was abused on Mallory at the weekend!

Now off the road for a little while to sort some other niggly bits and chase some power!

Tt43urA.jpg

S4MgxV4.jpg

M2yyBw6.jpg

Rzj17on.jpg

enbmihn.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Small update,

Car is currently at Narco for a new turbo and map, once this is done it'll be having a fully custom stainless 3" exhaust made up,

Hoping to have it back in the next few days.

Nice project. That's a pretty bold wing to go for. With a few other styling mods that would look even better. Like the maxton front splitter. the maxton rear bumper, with the diffuser look would work pretty well too :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 21:33, Dark_Hero said:

What happened to the bumper on the track day?

Only just seen this! My bad.

The clips on the drivers side are tired and the arch liner has worn through from how low it was so it kept dropping, I've raised the car now and ordered a new arch liner along with new bumper clips that I'm hoping will resolve it.

1756 turbo is now fitted, 3" exhaust is being done next week and then mapping the week after.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So,

Full 3" Turbo Back exhaust from turbo to tip has been fitted, custom vbanded exhaust with interchangeable backboxes (Straight through/backbox for track)

Turbo fitted and mapped at Narco, current figures are around 235bhp - 350ft/lbs. - This is on the Valeo SMF Conversion kit, zero slip.

Need to get hard pipes as having some issues with the Airtec piping, but she's about there, I've fitted some 17" S3 Wheels but they need smaller tyres looks a bit like a 4x4 at the moment, also after a diff now.

Edited by Jackering
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Popped back to the place that made my exhaust (GizFab) the other day for them to make me up some hard pipes as I kept having an issue with popping boost pipes;

x0hhuB7.jpg

4hZ8dJm.jpg

Also... this happened;

RgL8fmQ.jpg

8ATSf0T.jpg

First sprint event next weekend at Croft! Think we're about ready now

• Like 2