Skoda Citigo Radio options help please

Gavlar1980

FM reception on our 2014 Citigo has finally taken a turn for the worse. Up until 3 months ago, it worked pretty well, but since then reception quality has steadily degraded.

Phoned up the local Skoda dealer to order a new amplified aerial base this morning, which seems to be the culprit in most cases. £53.70! Ouch. I'd like to upgrade to a DAB head unit, but that looks like it would be an expensive exercise. It would also need a different amplified aerial base.

I will be honest mine has been in and had the base replaced . it was 100% perfect for a week but then returned to how it was. There are serious issues with these cars, on mine if the lights are on makes a big difference to reception and i was speaking to someone that when his pid was mounted he had no reception when removed it was perfect. have a little play as skoda wrecked my roof lining changing the base and i wish i never took it in. please let me know how the issue is resolved. 

2 hours ago, Gavlar1980 said:

There are serious issues with these cars, on mine if the lights are on makes a big difference to reception and i was speaking to someone that when his pid was mounted he had no reception when removed it was perfect.

Exactly what I mentioned in a previous post. I eventually booked mine in as it has the extended warranty - only to find out, as usual, that the warranty is pretty much worthless. "Items subject to water penetration are not covered". Pretty much everything not physically inside the cab then.

Anyway, the service boys had a look at it FOC and managed to improve the reception by a large amount. Earthing, maybe? Not sure but it was much improved...for about 2 months. It is now back to just about unusable. I have now given up and just listen to my own music on an SD card in the PID. Nothing much worth listening to on FM anyway.

As a side note, a work collegue bought one of the last Yetis. These are fitted with the same aerial amp system. He told me the other day it went back in as radio reception had failed. New aerial base and amp fitted under warranty. Roof lining now looks like a dog chewed it. The car is just eight months old...

Utter rubbish.

I agree, I had a heated discussion with the service department which they tried to say the stations im trying to listen to are only on DAB eg. Kiss , Heart, Capital.

I said complete rubbish . we had an old banger we paid £300 quid which had a coat hanger as a aerial and it picks up these stations clear as a bell.

I have given up completely and the car spends more time in the garage, I can,t trade it in as its worth nothing at two years old.