Cheetah C550

jimbobb

Hi all, just after a bit of advice, I have recently bought the Cheetah C550 with lifetime updates, the problem is I didn't notice that I would need a windows computer to update, unfortunately I only have a Macbook pro, can anyone suggest how I might update the Cheetah ? I don't want to install windows on my Macbook, don't know what the chances are of using a public computer  like those in the library, I am assuming they would not like me plugging anything in to download.

thanks for any advice, Jim

How about looking out for a cheap second-hand Windows laptop ?  You should pick up a decent enough one for around 100-150 quid. Handy to have for other Windows-only stuff that arises from time to time.

Or .. a friend or relation may have one and give you a bit of time to just do update?

I have similar issue with some gear here too - and looking out for a cheepo secondhand one. Also don't want to put Windows on the Mac. Too much disc space already occupied with pics and audio.

All best with the Cheetah ... looks pretty good on the Amazon ad.