Vrs 245 production stopped

OliR

Just been speaking to my dealer for an update on mine and during the conversion he said they Skoda have reached the production limit for these and no more are going to be made!

I wasn't aware that these were a limited edition model and just wondering if anyone else had seen or heard anything as Skoda seemed to be advertising them as a normal option in the range.

Probably suprised them how many people took up the lease deals. (I was one of them) seemed a bargain to me, and after a week of having the car still does. I didn't think they were limited production though

1 hour ago, Swirly182 said:

Damn I was hoping to attempt to buy my 245 at the end of the lease via PCP. It may not have depreciated enough to be affordable! 

That was pretty much my plan at the end of my contract hire - fingers crossed that it will drop enough in a couple of years!

2 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Could be a 260 next :wondering:

Ordered mine start of last week, haven't got a build week yet so hoping the order was accepted. 

I think 265 like old Leon :D

3 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Ordered mine start of last week, haven't got a build week yet so hoping the order was accepted. 

Don't hold your breath, mine was ordered on the 11th September and according to Skoda I'm unconfirmed build week 20 of 2018, that's the middle of bloody may!  And another month to get from there to me.....    bloody joke, they shouldn't be taking orders for cars they can't produce and deliver in a reason timeframe.  

11 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

If it's the end of Production like the Pre FL 230 all Customer orders will be excepted but Dealer Orders ( Showroom/demos cars, etc etc ) will be  be cancelled

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

4 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Has anyone on here actually tried to order a 245 and the dealer refused to take it? 

I would think the Dealer will take your Order on the off chance it might get excepted, it will be the Factory that declines it. Unless Skoda have told the Dealers  " No more Orders "

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I would think the Dealer will take your Order on the off chance it might get excepted, it will be the Factory that declines it. Unless Skoda have told the Dealers  " No more Orders "

OK has anyone tried to order a 245 and subsequently been told that the factory has turned them down? Seems to me that when you order it goes into the computer and if the factory isn't taking orders computer would say no?

32 minutes ago, juan27 said:

OK has anyone tried to order a 245 and subsequently been told that the factory has turned them down? Seems to me that when you order it goes into the computer and if the factory isn't taking orders computer would say no?

Doesn't quite work like that I'm afraid. A dealer can order as many cars as they like. They will all just sit in the queue and never be assigned a build slot.

I was literally in the process of deciding whether to go ahead with a quote and order a 245 on lease. Only trouble was haven't test drove any Vrs petrol (230/245) as no dealer near me has one which I wanted to try out obviously before committing. 

The lady at the dealership who deals with the PCH has just told me "245ps has been suspended because UK just can’t secure the production hopefully it will be back in the new the year." 

Then went on to tell me she was off to a meeting a Skoda HQ and would update me on regards to the situation........whatever that will mean.

So not looking like a limited edition but like me looks like lots of people are jumping ship from the diesel boat (and the awful dpf) to opt for a petrol and Skoda can't keep up with demand. 

28 minutes ago, alex_duffman said:

I was literally in the process of deciding whether to go ahead with a quote and order a 245 on lease. Only trouble was haven't test drove any Vrs petrol (230/245) as no dealer near me has one which I wanted to try out obviously before committing. 

The lady at the dealership who deals with the PCH has just told me "245ps has been suspended because UK just can’t secure the production hopefully it will be back in the new the year." 

Then went on to tell me she was off to a meeting a Skoda HQ and would update me on regards to the situation........whatever that will mean.

So not looking like a limited edition but like me looks like lots of people are jumping ship from the diesel boat (and the awful dpf) to opt for a petrol and Skoda can't keep up with demand. 

Find A used one and drive that. I haven't driven the new face lifted Octavia, what's not to like? I had the Audi version but that was slightly more powerful and Quattro so I can get a rough idea of what it'll drive like.

5 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Find A used one and drive that. I haven't driven the new face lifted Octavia, what's not to like? I had the Audi version but that was slightly more powerful and Quattro so I can get a rough idea of what it'll drive like.

Not much point if he can't order one.

10 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Don't hold your breath, mine was ordered on the 11th September and according to Skoda I'm unconfirmed build week 20 of 2018, that's the middle of bloody may!  And another month to get from there to me.....    bloody joke, they shouldn't be taking orders for cars they can't produce and deliver in a reason timeframe.  

It’s a total joke - Skoda aren’t the only ones. I ordered my new car (530e) at the end of August, was told January for delivery, then the end of March and then told there’s been a worldwide production issue and they can’t tell me when I’ll actually see my car - all of which had to be chased by me which is terrible too. 

Given up and just ordered a diesel one, which I should have done in the first place...was just being tight and trying to avoid company car tax!

16 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Yeah that's what I keep thinking. I've currently got a 2013 Mazda 6 diesel sport 175.....and it drives like a boat coz it's so big so has to drive better than that. Also the dpf Regens like every 200 miles so the consumption is all over the shop. I'm done with diesel, too much mixed driving. I used to have the MK1 fabia Vrs which is still my favourite car I've ever had. Absolute pocket rocket that was, with a few mods done. 

I've been told I can still order one but won't get a build date so they presuming 6 months.....haha.