Vrs 245 production stopped

OliR

32 minutes ago, Mark944gold said:

Ordered mine on a lease on 03/11/17 so hopefully should be ok, also ordered direct with a Skoda garage and sat there while they did the order on the system and have a signed new vehicle order form, so fingers crossed.

that bit of paper is not worth much......Skoda still have the right to cancel/change spec etc all due to production/factory problems etc....read the very small print...

At what point can they not cancel the order? I was in touch with Skoda here in Ireland and they gave me an order number and said that they hoped to establish a build week in the coming weeks (Could they be any more vague?!) Order placed 7th November so I may have just about made it in, a lucky break as I didn't know this at the time!

13 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

It could be very annoying for those who ordered a 245 if Skoda were to suddenly introduce a petrol 4x4 with >245bhp :o

Not very likely though...

If you wanted that you should have bought a Cupra 300 4x4.

Even if Octavia comes in this spec, it will not be cheaper for sure.

54 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

that bit of paper is not worth much......Skoda still have the right to cancel/change spec etc all due to production/factory problems etc....read the very small print...

All the paperwork is very one sided they can cancel at any time but if you do you have to cover any loses that they incur, rather unfair. O well if don't get one not the end of the world, will just order another superb.

I'm probably wrong but was the pre fl 230 a end of production swansong? I'm guessing the 245 isn't this as the fl model has around 2 years to run. I imagine they have had a mass of orders from the lease deals and have had to do something to catch up. As I said I'm probably wrong but just having my say

No the pfl 230 was not a swansong, it was stopped quite  abruptly & declared as it was always intended to be a "limited run edition"

I don't believe I have ever seen mention of the 245 being limited but, I never saw anything in advance that the 230 was a limited numbers car. Won't be surprised if they have pulled the plug on the 245. TBH

I think this is driven by expediency rather than a long term plan. Parts supply problems, or the need to have some cars to sell in Australia (where the 245 was launched quite recently) perhaps?

I'm sure I saw press previously saying that the 245 was not a limited edition, but even if it is it's a very short run even compared to the old 230.

Recent introduction of a new colour also counts against complete withdrawal for me.

I may be wrong but haven't the dealers just said "you can't order one now" not that model has been axed? 

Is there any evidence at all that "production has stopped" as the thread headline says?

Edited by juan27

Autocar even said in June that it 'will not have a limited production run'. 

Considering that Autocar are VW Groups favoured journal for leaking stories and announcing various things then maybe changed plans, or just Autocar were given duff gen.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/octavia-vrs/first-drives/skoda-octavia-vrs-245-dsg-dcc-2017-review 

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Janno1 said:

I imagine they've just taken thier full quota and have stopped orders. In a few months orders will be taken again. 

If that is the case I would think all existing orders will be cancelled and customers will have to re-order. Production might/will start on the Zero count. Customers who order/re-order will have to pay the new prices etc etc 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

If production does continue, even with a break for a few months, I find it very hard to believe Skoda dealerships will be able to wriggle out of skoda-advertised prices which resulted in deposits paid, and signed orders at dealerships, which were then confirmed as accepted by the factory. Sure, there could be a 'legitimate' delay while they catch up, but I can't see trading standards allowing them to use a delay as just cause to go back to existing customers and try to renegotiate a new price (unless it's lower, of course!).

36 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

If production does continue, even with a break for a few months, I find it very hard to believe Skoda dealerships will be able to wriggle out of skoda-advertised prices which resulted in deposits paid, and signed orders at dealerships, which were then confirmed as accepted by the factory. Sure, there could be a 'legitimate' delay while they catch up, but I can't see trading standards allowing them to use a delay as just cause to go back to existing customers and try to renegotiate a new price (unless it's lower, of course!).

I think the Answer will be " Production of the 245 Variant has been stopped, very sorry,you can have your deposit back or perhaps we could fit you into a different model. If production does start up again you can re-order "  or something along those lines.   Skoda Advertised prices will have a get out cause along the lines of " Subjet to availability "  I would imagine 

Looks like skoda factory is none stop and can not build the cars quick enough, why at the Same time vauxhall in ellsmere port which I belive makes the left hand drive Astra is on shut down as the cars are strugling to sell and they have made more than they can sell. As or course ellsmere ports demise is being blamed on Brexit. 

Edited by POWYSWALES
Edit

The astra is also made in Poland, but i I think there are quite a few problems with Vauxhall/opel as a whole that will close down ellesmere port rather than just brexit. Massive overcapacity as a whole, uninteresting cars, the fact British workers are expensive to hire, and easy to fire all help to conspire against ellesmere ports future along with the pound tanking and brexit as a whole. 

5 hours ago, Janno1 said:

I imagine they've just taken thier full quota and have stopped orders. In a few months orders will be taken again. 

5 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

If that is the case I would think all existing orders will be cancelled and customers will have to re-order. Production might/will start on the Zero count. Customers who order/re-order will have to pay the new prices etc etc

If this is the case, why would they need to cancel the orders that used up the quota? If they cancelled all the existing orders the quota would no longer be taken and they would be able to accept more orders.

24 minutes ago, Rodge said:

If this is the case, why would they need to cancel the orders that used up the quota? If they cancelled all the existing orders the quota would no longer be taken and they would be able to accept more orders.

Mmmmm....Maybe I worded it wrong..............I would think all orders excepted by the Factory upto the Quota and have a build week at Status 20, ( a committed build week )  will be built, and orders with a Status 10 ( penciled in build week ) or No build week, above the Quota will be cancelled. I shouldn't think the Factory would want hundred of cars waiting to be built with no build weeks. It could take months to clear the so called Back log and in between now and then there could be a Price increase and possibly a slight face lift. As " fabdavrav " stated on a previous post the Paper the order is on is not worth anything, the small print will have loads of " get out clauses "  

It's a bit like when the Pre FL 230 Run out took place, there came a point when the build was ended and Customers lost out because cars with a Status 10 or no build week were cancelled, I know of 2 people who lost out.  I was lucky to get mine, it was touch and go.

8 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

No the pfl 230 was not a swansong, it was stopped quite  abruptly & declared as it was always intended to be a "limited run edition"

I don't believe I have ever seen mention of the 245 being limited ** but I never saw anything in advance that the 230 was a limited numbers car. Won't be surprised if they have pulled the plug on the 245. TBH

** I don't think anyone did either and know body knew the " End of production date either " I bet loads of customers who ordered never got one 

The 245 could end up going down the same route, Sadly

Excepted?? Not accepted?? B)

In many cases, car manufacturers mysteriously drop models that appear to be in demand because they would miss their annual EU mandated emission targets. The penalties imposed when they miss is very high because it is charged on EVERY car registered by the manufacturer across all models produced.

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/transport/vehicles/cars_en

Edited by xman

VW Group EU Emissions testing was not so good with Irregular / Implausible Co2 g/km numbers, but they got models out before 1st September 2017 OK, 

before Real World Testing.  Maybe it is just retesting of Dubious Euro 6 test results that are causing some concerns, ie Irregular / Implausible still.

ie False.