Vrs 245 production stopped

OliR

245 isn't a limited run. 

If a factory accept the order then they surley must know that the order can be placed. 

If they let accept the orders then say let's say "orders can't be accepted" and start cancelling why would they accept them in the first place?

6 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

245 isn't a limited run. 

If a factory accept the order then they surley must know that the order can be placed. 

If they let accept the orders then say let's say "orders can't be accepted" and start cancelling why would they accept them in the first place?

Skoda can pull the plug anytime they want and will do if need be

The Factory accepted many pre Fl 230's but they had no build weeks, " perhaps we can fit them in "  actually we can't................CANCELLED

I know a couple of people who ordered the pre FL 230 accepted but no build weks and then they were cancelled........

Make of it what you like, who knows the outcome

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

29 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Skoda can pull the plug anytime they want and will do if need be

The Factory accepted many pre Fl 230's but they had no build weeks, " perhaps we can fit them in "  actually we can't................CANCELLED

I know a couple of people who ordered the pre FL 230 accepted but no build weks and then they were cancelled........

Make of it what you like, who knows the outcome

Ohhh FFS!!!

Does anyone know if there is any impact to the standard 230? I would have thought that there can't be much difference between the two cars in terms of parts outside the obvious few mechanical upgrades? All of the extra equipment included in the spec can be optioned on other VRS so presumably none of that is causing an issue?

Switching models on the production line creates downtime, downtime equals loss, fewer models greater profit

Some bit of the 245 aren't available to option on to a standard vRS, 7 speed DSG, E Diff, 300mm ventilated rear discs

Oh & this display which without being of any use whatsoever, its urber Fn kool

20170825_175012.jpg

Doesn't really matter which is the fastest vRS buyers of new cars will buy the top spec available, if it ain't available for 4 months then they won't buy it hence, up your production by reducing downtime/models sells more cars, simples

Edited by themanwithnoaim

I still don't think they are stopping production. All (I think) we know is that they not willing to take orders at the moment through UK dealers. Its simply not the same thing.

9 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

20170825_175012.jpg

7 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Sorry uve lost me

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

These are items you can not add as optional extras to a vRS that are standard on the 245

My 230 gives out Sport Information  :nod:

Football results, Cricket Scores..........................You get my drift

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

These are items you can not add as optional extras to a vRS that are standard on the 245

Yes I know that, my point was outside a couple of mechanical upgrades, the extra equipment can be added to other VRS. So if production has been stopped it's probably a business decision rather than some sort of parts shortage.

There are probably a few things in play. Skoda will have access to a finite amount of those drivetrains, and skoda uk even less. Skoda uk may well have sold their allocation for the next 6 months and rather than heep the lead times even longer, they are stopping selling it temporarily until the lead time reduces.

If the model is being cancelled from the factory it may be that they have taken too many sales from vw whose gti 245 is smaller, not as well equipped and £2.5k more than the octavia vrs in 245 dsg form.

1 hour ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Doubt it is taking many sales from the Golf GTI's, not like there have been many sales of 245's in the UK.

What makes you think that?   The cheap lease deals that were being offered probably sold many thousands of them, you don't get the same deals on the GTI's.

Muzza89,

Skoda UK have not even first registered 23,000 of all the Octavia models this year, so i seriously doubt 'many thousands' of 245 vRS were 'sold' in the UK.

In 2016 a record year for Skoda 'sales' in the UK, of the 23,000 Octavia first registered 20% were vRS badged, that was Diesels and Petrols.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

1 hour ago, ScottyNS said:

The bit I find odd, is that it is still on the configurator, I’m guessing that will just encourage orders? 

That confused me, too, but the configurator told me my car was going to be Euro 6 compliant, turns out it's Euro 5, so perhaps the configurator is really just a confusarator.  

One of the previous posts about meeting EU manufacturer total fleet emission requirements seems more plausible than most especially with the recent Euro shift to petrol from diesel hurting overall co2 emission stats.

Another post mentioned the Australian launch, and while Skoda have not got much market penetration here the proportion of RS models sold is high and don't suppose selling higher emission models overseas counts, otherwise how would companies that solely produce performance models survive?

As an aside the Australian market features relatively high sales for the performance models of most Euro brands. I believe AMG make up 30% of Mercedes sales, BMW M Series, Renault Sport maybe even higher, 

I believe this may be due to Australian lax tax evasion laws and the high number of drug dealers and pimps here :)