Remove USB/AUX Panel

Hosepipe99

Smartlink has stopped connecting to my phone via the USB cable. I have tried different cables and phones without success although one of the combinations gave an intermittent connection. I would like to check the wiring at the rear of the USB socket but I don't know how to remove the little panel it is mounted on - any advice would be welcome.

30 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Place thin wedges under either end of the panel holding the USB and draw it towards you.

Thanks, I will try it when there is some daylight. Just to be clear, you mean prise it up from one end?

It shows removing from the bottom, both sides at the same time.
Prising about 10mm from either end at the bottom.

Edited by Urrell

On 11/16/2017 at 20:49, Urrell said:

It shows removing from the bottom, both sides at the same time.
Prising about 10mm from either end at the bottom.

I didn't have any success with this. I assume I should be trying to push something thin into the slit which is about 10mm into the "roof" of the little cubby hole. It is very hard to get at as there is not much room for a hand and a tool. I tried a small loyalty card but it was too thick. Any idea what I could use? If you have a picture it would help, especially if it shows what tool they are using to do the prising.

I removed the gearstick gaitor and there are 2 screws which release the cubby hole (it would have been an ashtray in a previous age). The little iPod/Aux panel does not come out but you can get to the USB and AUX connectors anyway. Unfortunately it all looked good so I am no further forward with my SmartLink not connecting problem.

• Thanks 1