Bolero VRS startup logo

Recently bought a 2014 VRS TSI and really enjoying it. 

One thing  that I can't understand is how/when does the bolero infotainment screen display the vrs logo? 

I've only seen it a couple of times. 

Should it come on when the car is started? When the head unit is turned on?

thanks, great forum BTW

Thanks for replying, I don't think the previous owner has changed it with vcds, I have seen the vrs logo a couple of times but there's no pattern to it. 

What im asking is when is it supposed to be shown? When the head unit is switched on or when the car starts? 

Ive already pressed the on/off button for a while to reboot the system, the vrs logo was displayed when it restarted but haven't seen it since. 

51 minutes ago, MoggyTech said:

Quirk of the system, same as the dial sweep. Try turning the ignition on slowly. Insert key wait few seconds, turn to on position (not start) logo will probably appear when you turn the head unit on.

yes this for the sweep. ive tested and this is how my vRS reacts as well.

My head unit bolero MIB1 latest firmware the logo appears when i power off/on from the button on the unit only, this doesnt happen when turning on from the ignition and the unit wakes from sleep.

So after a few days it seems the vrs logo appearing on the headunit is completely random, unless anyone knows different? 

Unless it’s skoda ‘simply clever’ including a little game to keep us entertained when we turn our cars on 

I think it depends on whether it's waking up from warm standby/sleep, in which case it starts immediately, or from a complete cold power off, in which case it will take several seconds to boot up and it displays the VRS or Skoda logo while it's doing so.
Which of these it does probably depends on several things, such as length of time the ignition has been off, state of the battery, length of time since the radio was last rebooted and how healthy the software/hardware is feeling.

• Thanks 1