SE L Drive Sat Nav / Parking Sensors

fox2319

Been an owner of a Greenline Elegance for a number of years then, during my last MOT, I was tempted by an SE L Drive. The deal took a few weeks to head in the right direction but we got there in the end and I'll be collecting the 2.0 Diesel next week

I see the new car will come with the Amundsen Sat Nav but was wondering if someone could clarify a couple of things for me:

1. Does the screen display the parking sensors info?

2. Does the parking sensor show turning circle (like the newer Octavia displays)

3. Do the sensors come on automatically at low speeds or is it just on selecting reverse / pressing the button.

Ta in advance

1. Yes - but beeps are best guide, front beeps and rear beeps easily distinguished.

2. No - straight lines but no turn guidance. Quickly get used to positioning car with rear camera.

3 Sensors come on only when reverse is selected or you press the button. Stay on a bit after shifting out of reverse. It would be very annoying to have them come on a slow speed - imagine the noise when in slow moving traffic!

Enjoy your new Yeti!

Pretty sure that the camera was only ever an option, I don't have one on my car either. The sensors kick in when you reverse and keep on for a little while after starting off in first or second gear, mine like to beep occasionally and give me false warnings when there is nothing whatsoever near the car at all, useful but not infallible!

The front sensors stay on when you are manoeuvring at low speed after being in reverse or you can manually select when pulling straight out forward.

Rear camera is brilliant and should really be standard as it improves safety immensely when reversing. Removes the need for expensive park assist as well. Only available as an extra though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

The front sensors stay on when you are manoeuvring at low speed after being in reverse or you can manually select when pulling straight out forward.

Rear camera is brilliant and should really be standard as it improves safety immensely when reversing. Removes the need for expensive park assist as well. Only available as an extra though.

I had Park Assist on my first 2012 Yeti, think I only used it a few times in 5 years of ownership. This time specified rear view camera instead of Park Assist and it's so much more useful, coupled with parking beepers a perfect match. I agree they should be standard particularly as most cars now come  with letterbox sized rear windows so you can't see much anyway. It was one of the main reasons I bought another Yeti rather than a more "modern" competitor. I dislike the trend to dark interiors with black everything, so gloomy and depressing.

Edited by Expatman
  • Like 2

Having moved from a 2011 Greenline Elegance to a 2016 L&K I found I now had more side coverage with the parking sensors.

However I find the setup over sensitive  compared to my old Greenline which makes manoeuvring  by listening to the beeps more difficult especially when there are obstacles close to the vehicles sides.

I wouldnt be without it but much preferred the old system.

41 minutes ago, rarrar said:

Having moved from a 2011 Greenline Elegance to a 2016 L&K I found I now had more side coverage with the parking sensors.

However I find the setup over sensitive  compared to my old Greenline which makes manoeuvring  by listening to the beeps more difficult especially when there are obstacles close to the vehicles sides.

I wouldnt be without it but much preferred the old system.

Has the L&K got park assist? I believe those with Park Assist have extra sensors more to the side of the car which identify the kerb when the Park Assist is auto parallel parking.  At least I am fairly sure my first Yeti had the extra sensors and my new one doesn't because I chose a rear view camera instead of Park Assist - which I hardly ever used.

I've got the Park Assist on my 2012 Elegance and played with it occasionally but it's not a must-have for me. 

However, I've used some 65/66 plate Octavias at work and quite liked how the sensors would come on at low speed and also show the turning arc. I quite like it