Order placed

del-gti

Lighter colour cars hide scratches best, and you don't get much lighter than white. Sure white looks dirty quicker but it is far easier to wash dirt off than wash away a scratch. 

Primer tends to be light, so any scratches down to primer are less noticeable on a white or silver/grey car. Also, sunlight reflects off scratch ridges making them far more noticeable on a dark car.

White may not be the prettiest colour, but in my experience it hides smsll imperfections best. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Orville said:

Lighter colour cars hide scratches best, and you don't get much lighter than white. Sure white looks dirty quicker but it is far easier to wash dirt off than wash away a scratch. 

Primer tends to be light, so any scratches down to primer are less noticeable on a white or silver/grey car. Also, sunlight reflects off scratch ridges making them far more noticeable on a dark car.

White may not be the prettiest colour, but in my experience it hides smsll imperfections best. 

actually on karoq it looks nice but I had free metallic to choose so it would be a waste of opportunity not to pick something less generic 

Did anyone ordering the Edition spec have to specifically request the additional warranty? It's a £0 cost tick-box option on the configurator, and wasn't mentioned in my order, but I assume it's just automatically enabled by ordering an Edition?

1 minute ago, cjrp said:

Did anyone ordering the Edition spec have to specifically request the additional warranty? It's a £0 cost tick-box option on the configurator, and wasn't mentioned in my order, but I assume it's just automatically enabled by ordering an Edition?

Are you saying 5 year warranty is now 0 costs? Hard to believe. It wasn't ordering in November.

So i got response from my dealer below, i also checked pricing list and its still an option hence i believe below response is honest:

Thank you for your email, the reason that these options show as a no cost option on the car configurator is because these are deemed to be ‘dealer fit’ options and can be done before the car is registered from the dealership.

I have just spoken to our retailer support team and the reason that it is done this way is because the 4 and 5 year warranty and 2 year servicing is billed to the dealership differently to the car. I can add these for you if you would like me too but they are not a £0 cost option.

If this is the case, why are they still showing as a cost option in the configurator for SE, SE Technology and SEL but a no-cost option on the Edition? Surely if they're dealer fit options, it would be the same on all trim levels!

19 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

If this is the case, why are they still showing as a cost option in the configurator for SE, SE Technology and SEL but a no-cost option on the Edition? Surely if they're dealer fit options, it would be the same on all trim levels!

i know, that was my second reply back to the dealer, they just came back re-iterating its not free and feel free to contact Skoda UK if not believed.

Its a very odd and confusing way of offering options to customers but then i never came across manufactures offering different warranties based on trim, if you think about it it would be unfair, i.e. why one trim should have 5 years and other 3...  

If you have watched SKODA Configurators for the past decade you will see how the errors go uncorrected for such a long time, especially SKODA UK Websites.

You should also know how Dealership Employees / Sales have little of a clue on what they are selling and Skoda UK Customer Services will make it up as they go along.

'Simply Clever', never get the IT sorted or the Website Creators.

50 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

If you have watched SKODA Configurators for the past decade you will see how the errors go uncorrected for such a long time, especially SKODA UK Websites.

You should also know how Dealership Employees / Sales have little of a clue on what they are selling and Skoda UK Customer Services will make it up as they go along.

'Simply Clever', never get the IT sorted or the Website Creators.

probably some bloke in India freelancing part time

miss managed!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

Has anyone got a Karoq yet or seen one in Energy Blue?

I took the base colour on a great lease deal as spending the additional £200 for white didn’t seem worth it...

Delivery is Feb/March and now I’m getting curious about the colour! I hope it’s not too offensive...

Edited by Steve335

I do hope it's that bright, SWMBO looked at the colours and said "I want that blue." I thought "Free? Result!" :biggrin:

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:47, Orville said:

I have been allocated a BW4. Order was placed on 20th November for a bog-standard 1.5 DSG SE Tech in white.

Hi Orville, I was told mine was BW4, due at dealers end Feb. Is yours on time...Mine is 1.5 DSG SE Tech in energy blue

42 minutes ago, jimmer69 said:

Hi Orville, I was told mine was BW4, due at dealers end Feb. Is yours on time...Mine is 1.5 DSG SE Tech in energy blue

Yeah, mine was built during BW4 and is currently making it's way to the UK. Dealer will hold it for 18-plate delivery,