Servicing own car.

Triton1963

Hi

my citigo is a S model 2014 with 5000 miles on. It has had a service for each year. Now i own it I will be doing an oil and filter change every 5k and other stuff every 10k. 

Without opening a can of worms what oil is currently recommended? 

I am aware of VW oil codes as I also have a VW transporter/ campervan which I do oil and filter every 5k, it’s got 140000k on the clock. 

Anyone direct me to some literature for service intervals on parts on citigo? 

Thanks. 

No need to change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles unless you are only doing 5,000 miles or so per year.

IF YOU DO ONLY 5,000 MILES IN 3 YEARS BEST CHANGE IT YEARLY IMO as it has been done up to now.

*If it takes another 6 years to cover 10,000 miles that is a bit long between Servicing and Safety / maintenance checks!!*

10,000 oil filter with Full Synthetic is fine for cars being used on runs where the oil / engine gets to operating temperature so reduces H2o in the oil / engine.

Obviously no harm spending the money if it keeps you happy.

So 5w 40 Full Synthetic Oil (VW 502 00)

will be perfect rather than Long Life 0w 30 or 5w 30 (VW 504 00) 

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Thanks for info on the oil. I know changing oil every 5k seem excessive to some, but my philosophy is it won’t do any harm and I believe goes some way yo explain why I can get 300k plus on a car/van with minimal issues. Not sure the citigo engine will get anywhere near that!!