Any at UK dealers yet?

Portman

I suspect it is  still early days but has anyone yet seen a Karoq at a UK dealer?

I believe they were able to order in advance of the public order books commencing 3rd October, but I don't know how that may have translated to delivery times.  I have been told mid-December at the earliest is a possible date for demo vehicles to arrive.

1 hour ago, Portman said:

I suspect it is  still early days but has anyone yet seen a Karoq at a UK dealer?

I believe they were able to order in advance of the public order books commencing 3rd October, but I don't know how that may have translated to delivery times.  I have been told mid-December at the earliest is a possible date for demo vehicles to arrive.

December is no longer the case, everyone now saying January 

I did the interactive talk thingie on the Skoda website and was told December., but nothing as regards a specific role out date.

I posted elsewhere that the Colchester dealer thinks late Dec/early Jan. On Merseyside the Liverpool dealer I spoke to a week or so ago had been told Jan/Feb.

Colin

3 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

I did the interactive talk thingie on the Skoda website and was told December., but nothing as regards a specific role out date.

I posted elsewhere that the Colchester dealer thinks late Dec/early Jan. On Merseyside the Liverpool dealer I spoke to a week or so ago had been told Jan/Feb.

Colin

There was a left hand drive one doing the rounds of dealers here in Ireland and my dealer is say beginning of December for test drives.  

Speaking in the last few days to a few dealers along the South coast and they're all saying end December/early January before they get anything .  One said they would have a "showroom only" car for their launch evening.  No test drives, just to look at and sit in! No date yet for their launch evening but another had said 11th Jan for theirs.

So it seems like no early Christmas presents!

Edited by Portman

I was told production of Right Hand Drive vehicles will begin in January, Add 3-4 weeks for delivery and it could be mid-February before they hit UK roads. Of course, most owners will then wait for March delivery and a new 18-plate.

Some Dealers may take LHD cars for early demo, or there could be some pre-production RHD stock available.

?

Is that starting the lines / production training  & re-training personnel and stock piling left hand drive models to get out demonstrators and the first models to fleet buyers?

Hopefully as right hand drive models go through the production all snagging is addressed and there are even UK spec right hand drive models tested and reviewed by journalists, and published and Principal Dealers and others have driven them before private / lease customers collect their vehicle.

A Skoda Press release from November will be good, as an update from July.

If the Customer is the Skoda Media / Press fleet then they have made deliveries to customers.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Has anyone who placed an order got a build date yet? If so, add 3-weeks to get the earliest possible collection date.

edit: Seems some buyers have been given a Week 1 2018 build date, so they may get the car by end of Jan / early Feb.

Edited by Orville

1 minute ago, Orville said:

Has anyone who placed an order got a build date yet? If so, add 3-weeks to get the earliest possible collection date.

I expect update on Friday 

Will post here results 

Everyone stating 3-4 months 

Sales guy in Skoda West London told me they should get two this weekend he was reading spec and colours from him email in front if me.

I called their dealer today and lady said end of year or Jan 18.

Confusing 

My dealers is looking at the beginning of December as well.

1 hour ago, bspman said:

I spotted one with a UK plate yesterday!

Was that a right hand drive?

Sorry to repeat did not see Awaoffski post.:blush

Edited by Danny 57

I'm still waiting on my bw details from dealer. Was told I'd get a call last week so I'm hoping that I've not heard anything as dealer doesn't know anything yet. 

When I quoted some of the dates etc I'd heard on here, he said they hadn't been given any lead times by Skoda yet. 

5 hours ago, Danny 57 said:

My dealers is looking at the beginning of December as well.

Was that a right hand drive?

Sorry to repeat did not see Awaoffski post.:blush

Honestly - I couldn't tell you!

I just saw it and thought.. "hang on.. that looks like a karoq!".. *passes "it was a karoq!"

Two dealers I have spoken with are expecting their showroom example on the 11th Jan..

Given the amount of advertising currently I've seen for the Karoq, seems insanity to not have cars available to view/drive now 

Edited by JACER

2 minutes ago, JACER said:

Two dealers I have spoken with are expecting their showroom example on the 11th Jan..

Given the amount of advertising currently I've seen for the Karoq, seems insanity to not have cars available to view/drive now 

agree, but then they might think they done enough so far with Kodiaq as a real example combined with Skoda Live Karoq tour - which i found to be good experience.