VRS vs RS3

I lost. Quiet badly..........

It was only a 0-40ish drag from the lights but in cold damp conditions I struggled to get the power down. He was perfect. Suppose that what a 400bhp 4wd auto with launch control does! Over 50k? I suspect so. It did sound nice aswell 

Oh well.... now where's those pesky corsa's to boost my ego..........:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was fun to try and nice to see a car driven as it should. Too many old cogders driving serious machines and driving like Mrs daisy. 

And yeah I know a totally different league, i just like to try an provoke people. A guy in a 911 wouldnt even rev his at the lights when I pulled up along side him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I nailed an 'R' in my Diesel VRs once.

Then ran out of first gear and watched the tail lights dissappear with a rude bark of a gear change in my face...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

It was fun to try and nice to see a car driven as it should. Too many old cogders driving serious machines and driving like Mrs daisy. 

And yeah I know a totally different league, i just like to try an provoke people. A guy in a 911 wouldnt even rev his at the lights when I pulled up along side him!

Be serious...because everywhere the Porsche driver goes, he has lary young lads trying to "take him on" on a public road, in their 1.25 Zetec Fiestas with go faster stripes....

7 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

What do you mean (old codgers ) i'll get me teeth and my toupee and show you OH your too faraway  :biggrin:;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Be serious...because everywhere the Porsche driver goes, he has lary young lads trying to "take him on" on a public road, in their 1.25 Zetec Fiestas with go faster stripes....

I'm not a lary young lad in a fiesta, I'm a middle aged man in a Skoda who loves nice cars and just wanted to hear him rev the nuts off it. And for all the Porsche driver knew incoyld have been in a 245vrs and gave him a bit of trouble off at the lights. 

1 hour ago, JamiePvrs said:

I'm not a lary young lad in a fiesta, I'm a middle aged man in a Skoda who loves nice cars and just wanted to hear him rev the nuts off it. And for all the Porsche driver knew incoyld have been in a 245vrs and gave him a bit of trouble off at the lights. 

I doubt a 245 would trouble a Porsche at the lights... My 220 VRS got slaughtered off the line by a 184ps 320d the other night. Really struggled to get the power down from a standing start. Was funny sailing past once traction was good though B)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I doubt a 245 would trouble a Porsche at the lights... My 220 VRS got slaughtered off the line by a 184ps 320d the other night. Really struggled to get the power down from a standing start. Was funny sailing past once traction was good though B)

Joys of front wheel drive eh! I remember trying to race my mates M3 off the line in my Sharked Mk2 FL TSI and I was shown up quite severely ha!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, vtec to vrs! said:

Joys of front wheel drive eh! I remember trying to race my mates M3 off the line in my Sharked Mk2 FL TSI and I was shown up quite severely ha!

I had considered a remap now I'm out of warranty but I don't think it's worth the hassle anymore.

22 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I had considered a remap now I'm out of warranty but I don't think it's worth the hassle anymore.

Oh, but it is. Q car and all that, everyone these days knows now that the vrs is a lamb dressed as a Malamut, so why not put a bit of doggy back into it? It's hilarious when you do. The Mk2 was the best for this I think, the FL Octavia just shouts it too loud so everyone can hear you coming, and laugh.

7 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Oh, but it is. Q car and all that, everyone these days knows now that the vrs is a lamb dressed as a Malamut, so why not put a bit of doggy back into it? It's hilarious when you do. The Mk2 was the best for this I think, the FL Octavia just shouts it too loud so everyone can hear you coming, and laugh.

I do like the VRS' subtle ability to surprise and extra power only furthers this... but the struggle to put the stock power down at times + the additional insurance hassle (expensive quotes, mainstream insurers not being interested) etc. means I'm not sure it's worth it.

2 hours ago, tunedude said:

I gave a bloke in a 428i coupe a run for his money after I had my DTUK box fitted

He looked a little miffed a Skoda had just shown him up after paying considerably more for the bimmer 

Yawn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta love the optimism, right? Tuning box, remap, hell it will make your car into a space rocket! Though a remap might make you grin a bit, a box wince less, and a remapped petrol laugh occasionally.

Edited by stever750
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 12:41, Headinawayoffski said:

Octavia vRS Diesel is not even a warm diesel let alone a warm hatch IMO.

thats why the petrol Gods invented remaps and tuning boxes. To stop all those stock vRS diesel owners to gurning about not having enough power. I struggle badly not to lose grip if i'm showing off.

• Haha 1

Get better tyres, surely you can get to 70 mph under control.

What would 'petrol gods' have to do with inventing for Derv burners?

Edited by Headinawayoffski