VRS vs RS3

2 hours ago, stever750 said:

I agree totally in principle, until you get stuck behind a slow moving bus for 30 miles! 

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's the big downside - must find the link to the guys near Silverstone who fit a supercharger to the C1 B)

• Haha 1

The biggest fun i had in my silly days were with Aberdeen Bully Bashers in Audi S3's & the likes with my Landy Tow Barge.

(Lacked cloak of invisibility though...)

As well as the C1 Turbo there are Supercharger kits, for the Aygo / 107, and a cracker for a Toyota iQ.

http://c1gti.co.uk 

crail sept 08 069.JPG

S7300777.JPG

lr engine may mot 09 006.JPG

diff leaver 006 (1024x768).jpg

crail sept 08 080.JPG

Edited by Headinawayoffski

7 hours ago, SWBoy said:

So true! Ability to accelerate is addictive, you soon get used to how fast you can accelerate ... and then want more.

The other end of the spectrum is a small low powered car, where you learn how to conserve momentum round corners so the lack of acceleration isn't an issue as it's now cornering that's the enjoyment - I have a 68bhp Citroen C1 that fits into that category. This will sound strange but I could (almost) smile as much when driving that as when I was driving my (now gone) RS4.

Agreed!   My 75PS Citigo is very nearly as much fun as my 220PS Octy. 

One thing that all cars really need to get moving properly though, especially at this time of year, is 4WD. My 1.8 Scout used to be awesome 0-40 odd in the winter! 

We badly need a petrol vRS with 4WD. I’d buy one tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

The Bagged Octavia Estate looks quite nippy off the line. By the Santa Pod timing.

I have driven a M4 and could not get the faster car off the line as well as a 335d x-drive,

but then they are just cars and its about the tyres and the surface of the road.

http://fastestlaps.com/models/bmw-m4 

http://fastestlaps.com/models/bmw-335d-f30 

20171022_181237.jpg.7087ed87226b80e7c7bdd0998483dd39.jpg

That shocked some people that day too going over the line at nearly 110mph 

15 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Discussion & opinions. On a car forum, social media.  Arguments are something very different IMO.

There's 'banter' and 'sarcasm' but don't make it personal... this isn't school yard, and you're not the bully.

think before you type as you might offend a snowflake like me.

Edited by JohnnyType2