Knocking noise when reversing

pee81

Morning guys, we’ve had our yeti se-l drive for 5months and recently it’s started making a knocking sound which seems to be coming from the passenger front wheel/suspension area.  This only happens when I’m reversing into a parking space when turning the steering wheel, has anyone else experienced this before?

Yes. Kind of.

On my first Yeti (2WD) i often got what i would describe as a "soft" knocking noise, typically at low speed with a fair amount of steering lock on. It would never occur at shallower steering angles and definitely not when I took it to the dealer to ask them about the knock.

As i only had that Yeti for a few weeks (I rapidly traded up to my current Yeti) I didn't get to solve it, but the suspicion was that the gaiter on the drive shaft was slightly twisting at that steering angle and rubbing against the universal joint on the drive shaft itself.

• Like 1