Roomster front nearside sidelight bulb

Vaughan72

I have seen some earlier posts on this forum re this subject.

It's not clear to me though how the bulb holder is removed.

Is it simply pull it out, or is it twist (e.g. half a turn) and pull?

As stated elsewhere on the forum the holder is down a tube which makes it difficult to get at.

I reached the bulb holder and tried pulling but it didn't move.

A diagram/picture of the holder and how it is located would be useful, if anyone has one.

And/or confirmation of how the bulb holder is held (is it necessary to twist it).

It is just a pull out, but difficult to get out especially if its not been out for a long time. Most people have used battery charger crocodile clips to pull it out, just make sure you don't clip onto the wires. After a while, when you have tried to get it out, go and have a cup of tea then go back to it. Oh yes, near side is easier to do, more space.

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the replies on this. It did take many attempts to get the bulb holder out. What eventually did it was the use of the thumb hook (I think it is for wheel trim removal) that is included in the kit with the spare wheel. Once I got a purchase on the bulb holder with the hook, the bulb holder could be pulled out. The bulb holder is just an interference (push) fit in the frame of the headlamp.

Pushing the bulb holder back in was straightforward. 

Why bulb removal and replacement on modern cars should be so difficult I don't know. 

• Like 1